Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: The Gift

The Gift (Withch and Wizard #2) by James Patterson and Ned Rust
Publication Date: December 13, 2010
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 320




Summary

Whit and Wisty have established themselves as leaders of the Resistance, willing to sacrifice anything to save kids kidnapped and brutally imprisoned by the New Order. But the One has other plans in store for them: He needs Wisty, for she is "The One Who Has the Gift."



Okay, before I get to far into the review, let me just save sometime and state me feelings. I was really disappointed by the book.



One thing Wisty and I learn about looking and feeling old is that it's not only inconvenient but really problematic for prison escapees like us.



 I read the first one, and even though I wasn't competely blown away, I thought the book was good and I wanted to read the second one. And when I saw this a the library I was happy to pick it up. And let me just say, I'm really glad that I borrowed it from the library and didn't buy it.


The characters were just about the same as they were in the first one. They really didn't grow, which really disapointed me. I wanted to know more about them, to feel more about them, but I didn't.



I guess the plot was decent. But there were points where it seemed to be going one way then it would take three or four turns and you end up kinda confused. It sometimes felt like there was things that didn't connect or felt like they belonged.


Another thing is, it kind of felt like a rush job. Like the two authors just wanted to be done with it.

I'm saying this right now, I won't buy the third book. I may borrow it from the library, and hope it  will be better than this one. Because, to me, that's the only way I will be reading the next book.

.5



















No comments:

Post a Comment