Monday, November 25, 2013

Review: The Virginity Mission by Cate Ellink

The Virginity Mission
The Virginity Mission by Cate Ellink
Publication Date: June 1st 2013
Genre: New Adult Romance
Format: Kindle
Source: Netgalley
 
 
~Summary~
 
It’s lust at first sight when Mac sees Jason shirtless and sweating on the back of a truck. Jason is the army sergeant assigned to support the six‐week scientific expedition that Mac is participating in, and might just be the perfect candidate for another journey of discovery that Mac is desperate to undertake — sex.

Fraternisation between students and staff might be strictly prohibited, but everybody knows fruit always tastes better when it’s forbidden.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
*was given a copy from the author for my honest opinions*
 
I honestly feel like I don’t have many words for this because I honestly don’t remember that being the summary back when I requested this book, because with that blurb I so wouldn’t have wanted to read this (probably, if I had this summary before my opinion might have been different). That blurb is so accurate, it’s showing this book is just all about sex while the rest is absolutely boring! When it’s just Mac and no Jason around, I was completely bored! I even stopped reading the book for a couple of months, it was just so easy to walk away.
The only interesting parts about this book was the lust between Mac (Willow) and Jason. Yet that’s all I see between them, however at the end they somehow fall in love? I didn’t see how but I guess there was that kind of connection between the characters. I just didn’t see what they had in common to give them that kind of connection.
Oh the characters. Mac, our female lead, was boring. I had no connection to her or her journey. I really didn’t care what she did when she wasn’t with Jason. But when Jason got into the picture, things would pick up and I would become interested in the story. Mainly cause whenever those two got together it would lead into a hot make out scene or more. So who wouldn’t find interest in that, those scenes were the best thing about this book ;)
Now see, this is where I’m torn. Ugh! Sometimes I hated Jason, like this one scene where he got Mac completely naked and played with her but when she tried to have fun with him, he stopped it saying this was wrong. Yet it’s fine if you play with her even though there’s that “no fraternization” rule. So apparently that rule only applies to her, not you? I get it, things can get out of hand when you’re attracted to someone but still, that scene made me dislike you Jason.
Anyways, why I’m torn is because the author wrote that amazing connection I feel when I’m with the man I love. When our flesh is touching, our legs are tangled, and our hearts are beating as one. She wrote that perfectly into the scenes when Mac and Jason were getting it on and that’s when I was able to feel somewhat connected to the story, because I know how that feels. I also know how bad it hurts to have to walk away from a man in the military, from my Marine. It’s because we too can’t be completely together because of the “rules”, because I’m not yet his wife. So by the end of the book, I was swept away and hoping for a happily ever after.
 
There was another time where I would get connected, when Mac would get confident because of Jason. I've gotten my confidence from my boyfriend, he helped bring it out of me which made me fall in love with him. But I still wasn't a big fan of this. Again, I'm being torn because of two those little situations in this novella. Overall I wouldn't completely recommend it but who knows, you might enjoy it more than me.
 
 
2.5 Bats
It will make you shrill
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment