Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review: This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2) by Ruth Ames

This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2) by Ruth Ames
Publication Date: May 1st, 2010
Genre: Middle Grade Paranormal
Pages: 208
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Read: December 7th to 9th, 2015



~Summary~

Poison Apple Books: Thrilling. Bone-chilling. These books have bite!

Twelve-year-old Emma-Rose Paley has always felt different from her bubbly, outgoing parents. Unlike them, Emma-Rose has pale skin and jet-black hair, is quiet and moody, and prefers gray weather to sunshine. She also hates the taste of garlic, has very sharp incisors, and loves rare burgers. When Emma-Rose uncovers a dark family secret, she has a sudden revelation. Could Emma-Rose be a real, live vampire?


~My Thoughts~

Though every story in the Poison Apple series is different and follows different characters, I'm really sad I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first one. This was kind of a let down, even though the story went the way a young person would think if they found out their great aunt was a vampire.

Mainly the book was about Emma-Rose speculating that she's a vampire because she's just like her great aunt, who is a vampire. One night Emma-Rose saw her great aunt changing back into her human form after she flies through her bedroom window as a bat. From there Emma-Rose looked into what vampires were, she didn't need any other evidence. She knew without a doubt her great aunt was a vampire and I was sad that was the only vampire scene we got for most of the book. The story pretty much made it feel like it could have been one of her nightmares and that made me feel meh towards the story.

Overall This Totally Bites! was just okay. I wasn't blown away like I was for the The Dead End like I thought I would be before I even picked up this book. I just wish the vampire aspect was stronger or if maybe at the end there would have been a deeper meaning for all of this.






Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment