Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ashley's Review: Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead
Publication Date: April 10th 2008
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Pages: 327
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
 
 
~Summary~
 
Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...
 
 
~My Thoughts~


So…this was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me.
In the beginning I was hooked but then I started to notice things, like how self-centered and conceited Rose can be. And the boys, the constant boys all falling for Rose, seriously?!? Yeah, this definitely fits in the fantasy category. In my opinion I’m not a big fan and it’s probably cause I can’t really relate to that. Some of you might sure but for me, no haha.
In the first book I never really noticed all this. Omg, I loved the first book but now thanks to the movie trailer, the first trailers that only centered on the “girl drama”, this made me look at this book like this was just another silly paranormal romance. So for a little while, I walked away from it.
But when the trailers started to show more of the “Vampire drama” I was craving to get back to Frostbite. That’s what held me, the action! Not Rose or the teen drama but what was going on in the paranormal world. What held me and got me hooked was when things were truly happening, when the Strigoi started to band together to take out the royals. All of that was awesome!! And was able to blind me from how selfish Rose was. Plus Lisa and how certain other mysterious started to unfold and reveal themselves to us is another part of the book that hooked me.
Overall, at the end I’m glad Rose woke up from her ways and saw the consequences they brought to the people she cares about, so hopefully that will flow into the next book. I’ll probably be borrowing Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) later this year as I am curious to where things will go next. But for now I need to catch up on a few other piles haha. If you liked the first book then I most definitely recommend this one!
 

Will disturb your being
 
~Sequel To~
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment