Monday, May 12, 2014

Ashley's Review: Ascend (Trylle #3) by Amanda Hocking

Ascend (Trylle, #3)
Ascend (Trylle #3) by Amanda Hocking
Publication Date: April 24th 2012
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Pages: 326
Format: Paperback
Source: Gifted
 
 
~Summary~
 
Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself.  If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe.  But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?

The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end.

Everything has been leading to this moment.  The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
I was satisfied with how this series ended, with how everything tied up nicely, and with whom Wendy choose to be with but honestly I think Ms. Hocking could have shorten this story and could have made an awesome duelogy!
Yes, I loved the first one but now after reading Ascend, Switched was really just world building with an unnecessary buildup to a love triangle that really didn’t get anywhere (I’m so happy the trend of love triangles is dying down) and thank god!
Finn, ugh what can I say, he was a total ass! He seemed charming in the first book however throughout the series he turned into a total douche! I was rooting for him but he changed making me hate him and I wanted to slap him right off the pages! Even Ms. Hocking seemed like she wanted to get rid of him but he just kept coming back.
So I got annoyed when Finn just comes out of nowhere and puts his charms on Wendy. Rolled my eyes when Ms. Hocking gave Wendy not two guys but tried to give her a third one too. Wendy was just making out with everyone! So that irritated me but I guess it was a way to make things interesting even though it was hard to believe Wendy when she said she was in love with Loki (the swoon worthy man that won my heart!).
But other than that never ending sub plot and the lust lack of defeating the evil king, I enjoyed this fantasy tale! I fell into this world and didn’t want to leave. I love Ms. Hockings storytelling and I can’t wait to see what other stories she’ll be publishing for us fans! I’m sad to see this world end and I’ll soon be sad that I’ll be finishing the Watersong series, please tell me you’ll have more for us soon!
Overall Ascend was the perfect ending and it put a smile on my face, making me crave more of Wendy’s world. I’m so glad these paperbacks came with exclusive new short stories or I would have died with how Ascend ended haha.
 
Gives you a good haunting
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read Amanda's books yet, but I'll to have someday since she is the big inspiration when it comes to self-published success stories.

    ReplyDelete