Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ashley's Review: Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony #1) by Aubrey Ross

Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony, #1)
Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony #1) by Aubrey Ross
Publication Date: May 4th 2013
Genre: Adult Paranormal Erotic
Pages: 81
Format: Kindle
Source: Free from Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Major Sasha Young has been stationed at Alpha Colony for the past three years, part of an elite military team assigned to maintain order and resolve conflicts between the shapeshifters. She has watched the hostile morphs, secretly fascinated by their predatory grace and animal magnetism. The colonies were established to protect defenseless humans from these genetic anomalies. So why does she feel like the morphs are the ones being victimized?

Grayson Evans, a rare white-tiger shifter, is frustrated and appalled by how little their human keepers understand the average “morph.” After an especially violent altercation between leopard and tiger shifters, he decides it’s time to educate them. He’s had his eye on Sasha ever since she arrived, and introducing the feisty beauty to the full potential of a felidae-morph is going to be his pleasure -- and hers!
 
 
~My Thoughts~

Untamed Hunger has a good premise however I feel like it didn’t quite satisfy me. I like the story, the background story to the characters but when it came to the erotic part of the book it just made me feel, meh. Not saying some of it wasn’t hot but when foreplay comes out of nowhere and kind of aggressively I didn’t really have a real connection with it, with them. The couple seemed right and I did like getting to know them a little bit before the “fun” began but I don’t think I was able to truly feel connected to them to feel satisfied.
Some of the erotic seemed cheesy and there was one point where the main gal spoke what she wanted him to do to her and then the author described it, showing us after telling and I lost any little connection I had with the book.
Now for the other part of the story, the main gal trying to figure out what happen between the tiger and leopard, was interesting. It pulled me in and I like how we got to see behind the eyes of the man that committed the crime. It was an interesting tale about government and their experiments, so if you love those then you’ll enjoy this one. But for me things just didn’t feel balanced and didn’t flow just right, so this was a meh read for me. Just happy it was short, I would have hated to stop in the middle, I’ve been doing that a lot.
 
It will make you shrill
 
 
Sweet Readings!


No comments:

Post a Comment