Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Dead Is A Battlefield







 
Dead Is A Battlefield (Dead Is #6) by Marlene Perez
Publication Date: March 1st 2012
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 240
 
 
Summary
 
 

Jessica Walsh is starting her freshman year at Nightshade High and trying to forget
about the tragic events surrounding her brother’s graduation. She wants to have a normal
high school experience. But that’s easier said than done in Nightshade.
There’s a new guy at school who seems to be turning the girls into lovesick zombies.

And Jessica has other worries—like her crush on a cute but moody lead singer,
and the mysterious tattoo that appeared on her arm one day that lets her know whenever
there is trouble brewing. Jessica learns she’s a Virago, a woman warrior chosen to
fight evil whenever it threatens her hometown. But does a lowly freshman really have
what it takes to keep Nightshade safe?
 
 
 
Okay, this is a spinoff of the first five books, meaning new characters in the same town. People seem to not get that as I see a lot of complaining about that. Oh, and if you haven't read Dead Is Not An Option then I may end up spoiling a little bit for you. So just forewarning and if you want, just go check out other things of this blog, cause I really don't want to spoil anything! ^_^
 
 From what I read from the summary I was expecting something completely different. Yes, the summary is true to the story I just thought it would have been told in a different way. I thought since this is a new character and what not I thought Mrs. Perez was going to develop Jessica's story a little bit more. However, instead we're pretty much dropped into her virago self. So, that just kinda messed me up a little and because of that, I couldn't fully fall in love with this installment.
 
The characters are great and I enjoy how Mrs. Perez mixes the new ones with the old ones. The story line was terrific and I so totally didn't see where it was going! Mrs. Perez totally thought out of the box on this one and I can't wait to see where she takes this new series.
 
As the further I got into the book Jessica started to grow on me some more. I loved how Mrs. Perez did the replacing of "the living jute box" theme with Dominic and when that scene came into play I got really excited! The tale about the zombies and how they came to be, and why they were needed. I enjoyed it immensely.
 
Overall, it has the same feel as the other books. Though sometimes I felt like this was forced written and Mrs. Perez was trying too hard. Really, you don't need to try. Your writing is fun, smooth, and we all just love the world you built for us to read! ^_^ And that feeling for this awesome supernatural world inspired a story plot for me!
 
Anyways, I most recommand to fans who loved Daisy's story and fans of supernatural fun!
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment