Monday, October 1, 2012

Review: The Way Life Was Forever








 
The Way Life Was Forever by Carey Corp
Publication Date: November 12th 2011
Genre: YA Dystopia
Pages: 37
 
 
Summary
 
 

Sun-dwellers are foul monsters that eat a human’s flesh from their bones…or so sixteen-year-old Lyra has always been taught. To keep their citizens safe, her colony seals itself into the vaults by day.

Moonwalkers are horrible beasts that feed on the blood of men…at least, that is what Perseus was told. The only sure survival for his people is to lock themselves into their repositories each night.

Both labeled as undesirable by their respective kinds, a fated meeting in the forbidden forest offers Lyra and Perseus an unexpected chance at happiness. If they can overcome their own prejudices and discover the truth about one another before time runs out.

Can the sun-dweller and the moonwalker learn that when reality is distorted by hate and terror sometimes the only thing to truly fear is fear itself?



 I want more of this world that Mrs. Corp created here.

The writing is smooth and enchanting that'll hook you. Dystopians are becoming big right now and if you're a fan of them then this is a must read.

I want to know how this world became to be. How the people we read about became afraid of living out when the sun was high and how they became scared of these supposed "Sun-dwellers". How Lyra's world became this way. Along with Perseus, how did they become afraid of the night.

The romance is sweet (adored this one beautiful scene) and of course they were both enticed with each other right away. There's sitting on the edge of your seat moments, a fast telling story as it is a short one, and an ending that'll make you crave more.

I most definitely recommend this one sitting read!


 
Quote:
 
Trying to temper my panic, I set down my bushel saying, “She must have gotten confused. I said to meet in storage, but she must be searching for me in the orchard. I’ll go fetch her.”
 
 Turning on my heels, I take a few brisk steps when I hear the vault-keeper’s gravelly voice at my back. “Best run, girl.”
 
By the time I reach the far edge of the orchard, I am out of breath. Despite the flaming in my lungs, I push forward, moving over the uneven terrain as best I can. Pausing with my hands on my knees, I gulp down a large swallow of air and shout Quil’s name, stumble forward another forty paces and call out again.
 
Trying to put myself in her head, I attempt to think like my foolish, harebrained sister. Successfully slipping into the forest, camouflaged by densely crowded trees, where would she go?
 
What would she want?
 
The sun.
 
Scanning the patchy horizon, I search for any type of break that would indicate a clearing, a good vantage point to see the sky by day. Guided by the break in the canopy up ahead and the growing expanse of lightening sky, I find the spot. And although I do not see her, I know instinctively she is close.
 
“QUIL!”
 

 

 
Happy Reading Everybody!
 
 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment