Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Ashley's Review: Witch Weigh by Caroline Mickelson

Witch Weigh
Witch Weigh by Caroline Mickelson
Publication Date: April 24th 2012
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Pages: 155
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
Read: October 08 to 10, 2014
 
 
~Summary~
 
Tessa Von Hellengaard is a real witch. Magical spells aside, she’s snarky and selfish, and the other witches in her silent spell coven are fed up with her. Their plan to reform Tessa involves taking away her magic, saddling her with one hundred extra pounds and sending her to a weight loss spa. For good measure they call in Liam Kennedy, a charming and sexy fairy godfather, to teach her some manners. Desperate to regain her magic and determined to shed the weight, Tessa soon realizes that protecting her heart from Liam will prove to be her greatest challenge.


~My Thoughts~
 
I would absolutely looooove it if Mrs. Mickelson wrote a prequel showing us how Tessa became the way she is! A snarky, selfish witch that uses her powers in ungrateful ways to get what she wants, like hanging a construction man off a crane so she could take her usual route to make it to a meeting in time.
 
“So you’re saying the real problem is that I’m acting like a witch?”
 Her aunt leaned forward and shook her head. “No, my dear, the real problem is that you’re acting like a bitch.”
 
I cracked up so hard at that line there, I was instantly a fan of Mrs. Mickelson! I'm stilling cracking! It definitely helped set a tone for this book and definitely had me loving Tessa's Aunt Trudy, she definitely gots some balls haha. 
 
Tessa is one fun character to read and I would seriously love to be back into her mind and world! Again, Mrs. Mickelson, you should really think about a prequel! Tessa is one tough broad, but sometimes a little too tough which has gotten her into trouble and it's gotten in her way of getting the position of her dreams. So for the council to consider her application she's got to turn her ways.
 
Enter charming fairy godfather, Liam Kennedy. His character was fun too and it was nice to get his point of view once in a while. I don't have much to say about him, I liked him and moments he really had me laughing out loud with the situations he put Tessa through and at the end he definitely swept me off my feet. But I don't know, I think I wanted to get to know him more. You don't learn a lot about him, all you know is that he's a fairy godfather and that's about it. I think I wished to know more of him, to dig a little deeper into that character, especially since he's the love interest for Tessa. So I would like to feel like I know him, but I don't. Which kind of makes me feel blah about the character......but I also really like him, I'm definitely torn. I just wasn't fully satisfied I guess.
 
Overall Witch Weigh was such a charming read I don't know why it took me sooooo long to read! I was seriously entertained! With my small reading slump (I'm reading but slow and not a lot of things are sweeping me off my feet kind of slump, like I've grown picky or bored) but this novella had me smiling, laughing, and making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I was a completely different person while reading this compared to previous reads and I'm definitely a fan of Mrs. Mickelson, I would love to read more of her works!
 
The only thing I agree with other reviewers is that it did feel like it was a bit easy for Tessa to figure out how to come over her challenges Liam gave to her but that's only cause time jumped. I wished we could have seen more of her struggle, of what happened in those twenty-one days we missed. Other than that, this was such an entertaining read! I would really love to read about Tessa again or another spunky witch from Mrs. Mickelson!
 
 
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment