Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Movie Review: Curse of Chucky

Curse of Chucky
September 24th, 2013



Seen: October 4th, 2015



~Summary~

After the events of Seed of Chucky, Nica, a young woman forced to a wheelchair since birth, has to regroup her sister, Barb and her brother-in-law, Ian for a funeral after the death of her mother. While dealing with Barb, Ian, along with their 5-year-old daughter, Alice; Nica receives an odd package - a creepy doll. After people start showing up dead, the fearless Nica soon suspects that the creepy doll is much more than just a doll.


~My Thoughts~

When I first saw this trailer a while back I thought it was a remake but it's not, it's a continuation of the series. Which I'm happy it's not a remake, so I was able to enjoy it a little bit more. Though I liked it and liked watching Chucky going after yet another family, there were a few things that I didn't like.

One) the doll looks so giant and completely not natural! Mainly his head and hands. Though we find out kind of why as we got deeper into the story and afterwards it was nice to see him as his old self again. 

Two) I felt like they were trying too hard with making the movie scary. This movie takes place in an old, haunted looking house and that's the only setting for this movie. Sadly, it all happens in like a night and they used this house to bring the chills to your spine and I just rolled my eyes at that. With the previous movies what brought chills to my spine was that a creepy doll was killing people, not the apartment or wherever the families lived. They didn't need to make the atmosphere scary to make the movies creepy, just the doll was enough.

Third) I'm not to sure how I feel about them tying this movie to the first one. I don't want to spoil anything but apparently Charles (who Chucky was before transferring his soul into the doll) knew the family and caused a bit of trouble with them so he's back to get revenge. I don't think I really liked this and I thought it was a bit cheesy, I felt like the backstory didn't match up with the first movie. I did a little research and I still feel that same way. It just didn't feel right when Chucky was explaining himself to the main character Nica.

Overall, I wished it was more of a movie where Chucky was just killing people and not doing this all for revenge. The best parts were of course him killing off characters but that's pretty much it. I know me and hubby sure laughed at some of the ridiculous things the characters did. Though the ending was interesting and definitely a nice little twist.










Happy Viewings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment