Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Adventure, Sorry for a lack of....



Let’s get personal….I started a new adventure on January 21st which is why there has been a lack of book reviews and a lack of reading on my part, and why there’s been a lot more of promoting books and nothing really more than that for the last three weeks. So I would like to take you on a journey and let you in on a little bit about myself.

Some of you may not know this, though you probably should since I just celebrated it, but I’m 21. Which leads me to say that I’ve got no “job” experience but I am a part time self-employed person, I went to a community college for a couple of years but it just wasn’t for me though I don’t regret it one bit as I met the love of my life there, and I’ve got big dreams, dreams that cost a bit of cash. And to earn cash, what do you need? A job. How do you get a job? Is if you have any job experience and I have none, zilch. To say the least, I'm still trying to plant roots in this adult world.

I know what I want and what I want is something I felt I wasn’t getting from college, so I started to look into beauty schools back in August. I checked out one school for cosmetology but found it was too much and since I can’t get aid, I lost that dream of going there. But then I found that dream again, at a different school in December, as I was dying to go to beauty school so I could get a license for a career that would lead me to accomplishing my dreams, I was craving for a way! So I started looking into Manicuring and found it was way, way more affordable (and finding it to be so much funnier)! And it was at a school I felt better for me, as most of my friends live down in that area, so it gives me a chance to visit them.

Today marks the end of the third week of me going to Marinello Beauty School. The Manicuring program is about a little over four months, I’ll be graduating on June 7th and I can’t wait! I can already till time will be flying by, which excites me for not only will I be graduating, but my Marine will be coming home to celebrate my accomplishment and for our 2 Year Anniversary *squeal*!

So because of school, waking up before the sun, leaving my house an hour early before school even starts, and being at school for four hours drains my energy a bit, especially when ones not used to it. I’m definitely getting there though haha. So with no energy, I haven’t felt up to reading but I’m dying to get back to my books! I will be soon and I promise there’ll be more reviews soon! Got a few tours coming up!

So there’s my reasoning of not really being here the last three weeks. I promise this won’t mean the end to this blog, I love it and books too much, but it might not be completely overflowing with post as it has been before. So please stick with me while I get a handle of this new exciting adventure.
 
Learned acrylics (love them!) on my second day there
 

On my fifth day of school I did my first acrylic with French tips on a person
 

This week, Tuesday I learned Sculpted nails, that was fun too!
 
Overall, I'm having a blast as I love doing nail art (just check out my Cutepolish Adventures), feeling accomplished, and like this is one of the best choices I've ever made! I can't wait to celebrate my graduating with my Marine, I know how proud he is of me!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well for you! The school sounds so great! And your nails look absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ashley! So excited for you, and I'm glad that you are able to pursue this dream. :O)

    ReplyDelete