Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: Madly (Madly #1) by M. Leighton

Madly (Madly, #1)
 
Madly (Madly #1) by M. Leighton
Publication Date: June 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 57
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Madly is your average nearly-eighteen year old girl—for a princess, that is.

Madly James is thoroughly enjoying her internship in the small town of Slumber when the unthinkable happens—there’s a prison break in Atlas, the magically-protected home of Madly’s race. A traitor has set free eight Lore, the spirits of what humans know as fairy tales, and they are making their way to Slumber to awaken their descendants.

In order to save her home, the lives of her family, and all of humanity, Madly must learn to wield her exceptional powers and recapture the Lore before it’s too late and all is lost. But Madly’s only help are her two best friends and the Sentinel, Jackson Hamilton, that threatens both her heart and her destiny. Madly has loved Jackson as long as she can remember, but he is the one thing even a princess can’t have. Can she resist love to become the queen she was fated to be? Or can she find a way to have both?

This novelette introduces you to Madly and prepares you for the quest of a lifetime.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
I'm completely unsatisfied with this. But after some research I now see why. Yes, this says this is the first book in the series but I feel like this is just really a little taste of the book, Madly & Wolfhardt which is book 2, as this short cuts off right when they get into the action. So I believe it'll leave you disappointed like I was.
I was hoping for an awesome short that'll bring me out of this reading funk but it didn't. Instead I'm sadden and wish for the whole story of Madly as I know this can't be all of it.
I did enjoy the plot line and it definitely needed to be longer, which is why the author should have given us all of the story for Madly. Actually I feel like this was a prequel. Yes, if you look at it like a prequel then you might be more satisfied. Though even then I feel like some areas needed a bit more detail, like in the beginning on Madly seeing that a friend was in danger. I really wanted to see what she saw.
Overall, I don't really know how to review this as I feel like we weren't allowed a whole lot with this short. Or I feel like the author miss titled this, it doesn't really feel like book one. The second book feels more like the first one but as a novella. Which after reading this, I felt like she should have put book one and two together and I see now she has. So instead of getting this freebie one, get Madly & Wolfhardt to be more satisfied with this fun storyline.
 
.5
 
It will make you shrill
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment