Sunday, May 11, 2014

Tasha's Review: The Eternal War

The Eternal War (TimeRiders #4) by Alex Scarrow
Publication Date: July 14, 2011
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Pages: 419
Source: Bought



Summary

Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But all three have been given a second chance—to work for an agency that no one knows exists. Its purpose: to prevent time travel destroying history...

A time wave has struck that alters the entire history of the American Civil War. Abraham Lincoln has followed Liam into the present from 1831and now the world is in a dangerous state of limbo...

If the TimeRiders can’t return Lincoln to the past, the Civil War will never end. Can Maddy persuade two colonels on either side of no man’s land to cease fire long enough to save the future?

I love the TimeRiders series and this book didn't disappoint. Being the fourth book in the series I knew what to expect.  But this book just felt darker. It wasn't the plot or the writing. It just felt like a darker tone. And I liked it. If a series after four books can shift tones and do it well, I think that is a great series.

Like I said before, the plot is the plot. It's fun and easy to get into.  The ending did set up something interesting for the future and I really liked that. But the best thing about this books is the characters. And most get some serious character development . Bob and Becks becoming more human. And Maddy having to go through a lot and I'm definitely curious to see how she grows. Sal, who usually gets the least amount of development, probably gets the most development. She seems to finally get how dangerous the job is. And she is part of the end that does set up for the future and I look forward to that. Liam is the only character that doesn't get much development but he did get the most in the first three books. And I loved the secondary characters, especially the two Colonels. The scene at the end with the two of them was great.

Overall, I liked the book. If you've read any other TimeRiders book, I don't see why you would really enjoy this one. And if you haven't gotten into this series, I completely recommend that you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment