Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Storm






Storm (Elemental #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
Publication Date: April 24th 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 353
Goodreads






Summary

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming




Storm is a roller coaster ride of romance and action that'll grip your lungs and leave you completely breathless.

Chris ignored them, watching her. "Has Seth ever hassled you at school?"
Becca froze, then tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She had to clear her throat. "Not since the fight in the parking lot."
Chris frowned. "But before?"
"It's nothing." She shook her head quickly.

Told in third person and with two point of views, alternating between Becca and Chris. This book is unlike any other young adult paranormal I have ever read before. It's powerful, has depth behind the story lines and it creates this world where you just want to fall helplessly into. Though with four hot brothers who wouldn't blame you, haha.

Becca is a strong heroine whoms been put through hell and back, yet still manages to stand on her own two feet. Even after a night she decides to rescue a classmate from a couple of bullies that leads her life into an uncontrollable storm.  
 
Chris is the boy who needs rescuing yet as Becca finds out he has something more dark and powerful deep down than the boys whom were bullying him do on the outside so she doesn't see why he needed help, that is, until she finds a red pentagram on her front door. Chris didn't want these feelings for Becca which is why he tries to push her away but somehow she always seems to find her way back to his front porch.
 
Sadly this book has a little bit of a love triangle. Yes, there is a fifth hot guy. However I wasn't drawn to him, at least, not like Becca was. My heart belongs to the brothers ^_^. I believe they have a little bit more personality then Hunter does. Plus, there just isn't something right about that boy.
 
Overall, this is an author everyone should pick up. The emotions just bleed off the pages causing you to crave and crave and crave for more. The details are written beautifully and they create a world you just don't want to let go. Yes, I am attached to yet another series that I predict is going to be very, very great.
 
Thankfully I won't have to wait to long as the second, Spark, is coming out next month and me boyfriend is the greatest as he is going to be buying me a copy *squeel*
 
Lastly, I recommend you guys buy the proquel, Elemental, which is a short sory about the oldest brother Michael before reading this one so you can learn more about the background of the background in the book Storm. Haha, I hope you understand what I mean there.
 
Oh and one last note: as the story goes on you slowly put the pieces together and will figure out whom the bad guy is before they do but other than that, this was very much an enjoyable read!
 
 




HAppy Reading Everybody!




 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH and I was Team Chris too :) I'm actually featuring this one on my blog(you know interviews and all that ) the second one is from Gabriel's point of view and I hear the third is from Hunter's (Maybe he'll grow on us )


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Krazzyme-Yes, Team Chris all the way ^_^. I can't wait for book 2, Spark. After the preview I was craving even more, thank god I don't have to wait a year for it like most series. I can wait a month, haha :)

    And I do hope Hunter does grow on us because it would suck if he just stays plain and sucks the life out of this series, ya know.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I read this book a few months back and LOVED it. I'm totally team Merrick brothers but I still have a special place in my heart for Hunter as well. I CAN'T wait till Spark comes out :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I'm now really hyped to read Storm... Hot guys? I need to read.

    - Sam @ Falling BOoks

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sam- I thought you might like the review and I'm glad it made you even more hyped about this book! Thats what reviewers want, right? haha

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TheBookSlayer- Thanks, I couldn't believe how amazing this book was either! Love the brothers and now my heart is slowly warming up to Hunter, can't wait for Spirit!

    Read Spark and enjoyed that one too! Look out for my review!

    Thanks for stopping by! ^_^

    ReplyDelete