Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ashley's Review: What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery #1) by Victoria Laurie

What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1)
What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery #1) by Victoria Laurie
Publication Date: April 3rd 2007
Genre: Adult Paranormal Mystery
Pages: 281
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
 
 
~Summary~
 
M.J., her partner Gilley, and their client, the wealthy, de-lish Dr. Steven Sable, are at his family's lodge, where his grandfather allegedly jumped to his death from the roof-although Sable says it was foul play. But the patriarch's isn't the only ghost around. The place is lousy with souls, all with something to get off their ghoulish chests. Now M.J. will have to quell the clamor-and listen for a voice with the answers...
 
 
~My Thoughts~


I’ve been wanting to read this book for years now and I allowed myself to splurge one day, so I bought this as I wanted something different to read. And was this a blast! Though since I’ve been waiting for years to read it, I definitely acquired a high expectation and even though it wasn’t totally met, I’m still very drawn to read the sequel as Mrs. Laurie has created characters I was able to get attached to.
Sometimes I found this a bit cliché along with the romance, but I still enjoyed it. And the mystery wasn’t quite a mystery, some things caught me off guard but most things I saw coming but again, I enjoyed it. And though our main gal is 30 something, I was still able to connect to her (her having no kids help as I have none right now). Sometimes I forget they still know how to have fun when I read adult books haha. MJ was fun and falling into her ghost busting world was super easy to do with its heart racing action.
Overall, even though this didn’t blow me away like I was hoping, it still was able to charm me and hook me to want to come back for more. Can’t wait to see where MJ’s ghost busting will take her next!

What’s a Ghoul to Do is a fun, cutesy paranormal mystery with a kooky bird that likes to make things more interesting.

Gives you a good haunting
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment