Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (76)

 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.--BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS. Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title & author, so others can add to their TBR list if they like your teasers.
 
Our Teasers This Week. . .
 
The lowest spire, thick as a nuclear reactor, lengthened from the belly of the ship until the tip hovered a meter from the jungle canopy. A trap door opened, and a beam of white light seared a hole in the foliage. The smell of burnt vines choked my throat, and I cowered against the side of the ledge.
 
-from page 11, Reconnaissance (Paradise Reclaimed #2) by Aubrie Dionne
 
Reconnaissance (Paradise Reclaimed, #2)
 
I love when sequels start off right after the first one, bringing in the action as soon as possible!
 
Happy Teasing Everybody!


1 comment:

  1. I read the first one in this series ages and ages ago! I'm going to have to go back and re-read it so I can get to this one. Great teaser :)
    Here's my TT post
    -Kimberlyt @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete