Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ashley's Review: Zom-B Angels (Zom-B #4) by Darren Shan

Zom-B Angels (Zom-B, #4)
Zom-B Angels (Zom-B #4) by Darren Shan
Publication Date: July 9th 2013
Genre: Young Adult Zombies
Pages: 182
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
 
 
~Summary~
 
After spending the last few months wandering around London--a city filled with the dead--B Smith has given up hope for any sign of normal human existence. But then B finds strange signs all over the city--a "Z" plus red arrows. Following them, B finds The Angels-- a group gathered in the hopes of combating the evil dead and the forces that introduced them. But all is not as it seems and it's up to B to find out: what battle are they truly waging?
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Though I'm not a big fan of this series and mainly because of the main character, B, I still had to pick this up. Why you ask, because we finally FINALLY get answers to why the zombie apocalypse started. Though if you ask me, when we finally get to the answer (at the end of the book!) I wasn't really satisfied. I was waiting for this big shebang and then end up with this okay answer. Like I might have liked it if I liked the main character but since I don't, it was meh.
 
Overall, if the main girl B was so completely likable then I would love this series. It's got the action, the creepiness, and heart racing scenes with brain eating zombies. But since B is a racist b**** (and you may be a reader who likes that, we all have our own tastes) I just can't see myself continuing this series. Plus, she's so self centered, that's one of the things that drive me so crazy! I get having confidence but if you're at the point where you're becoming more cocky than confidence I want to slap a b**** haha. I got what I wanted (finally) out of this book and now that I discovered how the zombies came to be, I can now rest easy. Sadly it took the fourth book in the series to get to that point.....
 
 
It will make you shrill
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the books, but I'm glad you gave them a fair try. Regarding B, I think you've misinterpreted her character somewhat. She's not racist. She's a girl who has grown up in a racist household and thus been indoctrinated into that way of thinking, but the series is about how she breaks with the ways of her father and seeks redemption. I think the finest of people can be born into households or cultures of hate, and as young children we're obviously going to mimic what we see in the people we love, but when we start to grow into ourselves in our teenage years, it's time to hold ourselves accountable and question the "truths" on which we have been raised. Zom-B is about how there's hope of goodness flourishing in all of us -- not just in the cleancut heroes that you find in most books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darren Shan- I didn't misinterpreted anything, I know she grew up by a racist father so she was influenced to be like that. And me not knowing (how could anyone?) that it's a series about the character growing and questioning things makes me not enjoy it for what you're trying to do, I see it as a zombie series, not it having a deeper meaning to it. So maybe you need to somehow let us know that, then the people that aren't fans of it might understand what you're doing. But I'm sure most people just see this as a zombie series and nothing more.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete