Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Super Psycho Sweet 16

The film follows a girl named Madison Penrose, spoiled throughout her life to the extent that she convinces her parents to re-open Roller dome for her Sweet 16. Obviously, the Roller dome once closed because a series of brutal murders took place at the locale, and, of course, the killer comes back to wreak havoc during her party.

So over the weekend I finally decided to sit down and take a few hours out of my life to watch one of Mad TVs original movies, My Super Psycho Sweet, which made it's debut on the screen October 23, 2009.

If you couldn't tell already that the genre is horror, it is. Reminded me more of all the older slashers films where it isn't to over the top with all the special effects, though, yes in times the blood scenes can be cheesy and you could tell they were added on later by computer but that's pretty much it.

Of course being a slasher means one by one everybody dies, except only the people who pick on the main girl. Friends of hers are left alone and out of the equation for death. Like most slashers you pretty much know who the psycho bad guy is but nonetheless, it doesn't take anything away from the film.

The acting was mediocre but sometimes it'll become a little more than that. For the main girl, who's been haunted from her fathers past, gets a sweet little innocent romance that'll just put a smile on any hopeless romantic out there. I know I couldn't help it, even though it was a horror.

Now the story develops nicely however there are some parts in the movie that feel a little slow but I don't think they're enough for you to have to shut off the TV screen, but, just forewarning. Like (not wanting to spoil but....) there's a favorite scene of mine that I just have to talk about that really gets the movie going, so...

When the dead girl rolls into the birthday girls ugly cake is amazing, and I know....I'm sick. So I promise you'll be entertained and for true horror fans if you see it on TV you've got to catch it. Now all I have to do is catch part 2 and yes, there's a part 2 for all those out there that have seen it but didn't like. But I'm not hating, we all have our likes and dislikes.  Over all I give it,

 4 hearts
<3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment