Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Movie Review: Sucker Punch




A young girl (Baby Doll) is locked away in a mental asylum by her abusive stepfather where she will undergo a lobotomy in five days' time. Faced with unimaginable odds, she retreats to a fantastical world in her imagination where she and four other female inmates at the asylum, plot to escape the facility. The lines between reality and fantasy blur as Baby Doll and her four companions, as well as a mysterious guide, fight to retrieve the five items they need that will allow them to break free from their captors before it's too late...


It's like we talked about,you control this world.Let the pain go,let the hurt go,let the guilt go.What you are imagining right now,that world you control.That place can be as real as any pain.

The Plot: I think if they stuck with just two worlds instead of having three, then I think I would have liked it more. 

This movie can be confusing so I'll help you out and try not to make it any more confusing than it already is. The movie is told by Baby Doll, played by Emily Browning, and in the beginning we see some action that makes her end up in a mental home. I loved it...however, things went away from that world. We don't see much of her in the mental home. 

She gets sent into a treatment and then we're transformed into another world, a world where it isn't a mental home but a dance hall. I loved the music they played whenever they were going to dance however we don't see dancing. One day they put Baby Doll in the spotlight in the rehearsal room and wait for her to get in the groove, let her body move to the music. And when she gets in the groove she closes her eyes and then we're transform into another world....making a total of three. 

This world is fun. Action, graphics and great costumes. It's like world war look but with futuristic mixed in the bunch and it's fun. My favorite out of all the worlds. This movie has a certain tint to it and it makes it stand out from the movie world. I love it. This is when they search and retrieve the items they need. 

I liked the characters and their names. I think all the actors and actress's did great in this movie. However, the movie starts off a little slow and I really only cared for the fun, futuristic world (the third one). Everything else was just....okay. And the ending....Oh My God. 

Overall I'll just have to give it a 

     
More cons than Pros





Happy Viewing Everbody!































No comments:

Post a Comment