Saturday, March 10, 2012

On My Wishlist (20)




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. Want to know more? Click here


If you haven't notice but I totally support Indie's and one day I hope to join the forces with the many that are out there. And because I love this little fun meme I'm going to start talking about the many Indie books I wish to own one day.

Now, I'm not going to name them all today but in the next couple times of this post I'll be broadcasting a few.

So, here we go.....<3


Eden by Keary Taylor
Publication Date: June 6th 2011
Genre: YA Dystopia
Pages: 408





Summary

Eve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She's seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn't just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve's reality.

In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior.

The technology wants to spread and it won't stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen.


I've known about Eden before it was even ready to be published out into the world and why I haven't yet bought it is beyond me. Everything screams my reading style and this author, well, if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't be blogging. Her blogging about her books inspired me to do the same (though I haven't been writing much on that blog, but I'm getting better) and so without her this book blog I love so much (and the book blogging world that has some pretty cool people in it) wouldn't exist either. So thank you Keary.

Sorry, got off the book subject. She was my first Indie so I kinda of have this certain bond to her. So I can't wait to read this one, that I still can't believe I haven't taken the time to buy this book.

Keary Taylor's Website



Guardian (Creepy Hollow) by Rachel Morgan
Publication Date: March 5th 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 55





Summary

1. Receive assignment.
2. Save a life.
3. Sleep.
4. Repeat.


Protecting humans from dangerous magical creatures is all in a day’s work for a faerie training to be a guardian. Seventeen-year-old Violet Fairdale knows this better than anyone—she’s about to become the best guardian the Guild has seen in years. That is, until one of her assignments—a human boy who shouldn’t even be able to see her—follows her into the fae realm. Now she’s broken Guild Law, a crime that could lead to her expulsion.

The last thing Vi wants to do is spend any more time with the boy who got her into this mess, but the Guild requires that she return Nate to his home and make him forget everything he’s discovered of the fae realm. Easy, right? But Nate and Vi are about to land themselves in even bigger trouble—and it’ll take all Vi’s training to get them out alive.


When I first read the summary I was like "Cool, totally sounds fun and my kind of read" then I saw it was only 55 pages off Kindle.

It sounds like a lot so I can't wait to see how she pulls it off. From the rating it seems she does a good job at it, so.....it's now On My Wishlist. <3

Plus I just love the cover, purple just seems to pull me in (maybe it's because it's my favorite color) *shrugs* oh well. :)

Rachel Morgan's Website

Happy Weekend Everybody!




Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowitz
Publication Date: March 31 2011
Genre: YA Adventure
Pages: 402




Summary

Scorpia has dogged Alex Rider for most of his life. They killed his parents, they did their best to con Alex into turning traitor, and they just keep coming back with more power. Now the world's most dangerous terrorist organization is playing with fire in the world's most combustible land: the Middle East. No one knows Scorpia like Alex. And no one knows how best to get to Alex like Scorpia. Until now.

I got the other eight books, though I only read seven of them. I like the series, and plan on finishing it. I do hope that this book ties off any loose the series has. And I hope this is a good series end.


TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow
Publication Date: January 2010
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Pages: 432



Summary

  Liam O'Connor should have died at sea in 1912. Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010. Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026. Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, 'Take my hand ...'

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren't rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose - to fix broken history. Because time travel is here, and there are those who would go back in time and change the past. That's why the TimeRiders exist: to protect us. To stop time travel from destroying the world...


   I saw this book at Barnes and Noble. I read the back and thought it sounded intresting. I had other books I wanted to buy, but I told myself to look it up when I got home. I did, now it's on my wishlist.








No comments:

Post a Comment