Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wedsenday (29)



Welcome to Waiting on Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. This week I am anxiously awaiting:



Ascend (Trylle Trilogy #3) by Amanda Hocking
Publication Date: April 24th 2012            
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 336





Summary
Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself. If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe. But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?

The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end.

Everything has been leading to this moment. The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it.



I have yet to read the second, Torn, but I know the moment I finish the second I'll be craving this one. 



Purity by Jackson Pearce
Publication Date: April 24th 2012            
Genre: YA Contemporary
Pages: 224





Summary

A novel about love, loss, and sex -- but not necessarily in that order.

Before her mother died, Shelby promised three things: to listen to her father, to love as much as possible, and to live without restraint. Those Promises become harder to keep when Shelby's father joins the planning committee for the Princess Ball, an annual dance that ends with a ceremonial vow to live pure lives -- in other words, no "bad behavior," no breaking the rules, and definitely no sex.

Torn between Promises One and Three, Shelby makes a decision -- to exploit a loophole and lose her virginity before taking the vow. But somewhere between failed hookup attempts and helping her dad plan the ball, Shelby starts to understand what her mother really meant, what her father really needs, and who really has the right to her purity.


Doesn't the cover just look cute. It's simple and sometimes that's all a book really needs. Can't wait for this one to come out. :)

I'm starting to fall in love with Contemporary books.

Happy Reading Everybody!




Don't be shy, if you have something to say don't be afraid. Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. Purity looks so good! I love that cover! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this series in my TBR pile but have not gotten to it.
    I have heard nothing but good things about all 3.
    Good choice.

    Here is My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I own one of Hocking's book I haven't read it yet.. I should really do that asap! Everyone seems to have checked her out. :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica- Thanks for stopping by and I love your WOW pick this week. Sounds amazing!

    @~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST~ I think you would enjoy the reads. You should most definitely move them up. :)

    @Patricia- You should asap it! Her reads are some what refreshing. I have enjoyed her trylle series (well, first book) and her zombie book Hollowland. Most definitely left a book print in my heart. :)

    Thanks for all stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Torn and Ascend! I'm a huge Loki fan. I can imagine the waiting cause I read all three books in three nights when they were self published. Purity sounds like a cute and funny read. I do like simple covers.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer- Yes, simple is nice once in awhile, isn't? I'm actually really glad they didn't put a pretty girl on the cover. Like we see alot lately.

    It needs to look light, fun and cute as I think it goes perfect with the blurb.

    Thanks for stopping by, once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH I really need to read Switched! I've heard such great things about it and I'm really regretting not reading it sooner now that more books are out. One day! :)

    And I've never read anything by Jackson Pearce except a short story in Enthralled (which I loved!) but I'm SO SO SO curious about her work. I read a review for Purity recently that really made me want to read this one.

    Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @The Story Queen- Well once you get it, trust me, that cover will taunt till you pick it up to read.

    I have yet to read anything from Jackson Pearce but I do have Entralled. So, I think I'll check it out.

    Thanks telling me of that work of hers and thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Ascend! I thought Torn was okay, but not as good as Switched. On the downside, I've heard nothing but BAD things about Ascend, so I'm a little worried.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Logan- Really! Huh, from the people I follow, nothing but good things. So, I guess will just have to wait and see.

    Switched was great but I hope Torn is better for me. Why wasn't it great for you?

    ReplyDelete