Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Book Review: The Rise of Peter Troy Vol.2 The Black Road by Joseph DiBartolo

The Rise of Peter Troy Vol.2 The Black Road by Joseph DiBartolo
Publication Date: March 11th, 2015
Genre: Adult 
Pages: 38
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
Read: June 18th, 2016
Rating: 2/5



~Summary~

The journey continues with Peter Troy and his company as they fight for answers as to what caused the outbreak as well as reaching their families scattered all over the country. The action is intense, and the gore is more, with Peter slaying his way to the twisted and shocking truth behind the decayed ones. Who will survive? Who will become a decayed one? And who will meet Peter's trusty meat cleaver? Don't miss the second installment of this short story series, The Rise of Peter Troy: The Black Road




I'm honestly happy to say that I got the first three books for free on Amazon because I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. The first book was so-so for me and this one really didn't get any better. It's truly a simple, quick read but I'm just not drawn into it. The dialog feels cheesy to me and I just can't connect to the main guy, like at all. As I'm reading some things make me roll my eyes. 

Like the romance between Peter and Lena, I just don't understand why it's in the story in the first place. It's absolutely unnecessary and it feels like it's forced upon the characters, like there wasn't much heart written into it. I say that because it doesn't really develop for the readers, it just happens

And when the little hint of cause to the zombie apocalypse came into play, let's just say it wasn't hard to connect the dots. It was so obvious!

Overall, this was a meh read for me. I'll probably read the next one cause it's a short story series so it won't take me long to read but I highly doubt I'll buy the fourth book.


       



Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment