Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mini Book Review: The Decayed Ones (The Rise of Peter Troy #1) by Joseph DiBartolo

The Decayed Ones (The Rise of Peter Troy #1) by Joseph DiBartolo 
Publication Date: February 21st, 2014
Genre: Adult, Zombies
Pages: 37
Format: Kindle
Source: Bought
Read: June 4th, 2016
Rating: 3/5



~Summary~

Life has always been an uphill battle for Peter Troy. His obsession for zombie films was the only thing that kept him company when times got tough. After losing his job as a butcher at the local market and getting dumped by his girlfriend, all in the same day, Peter tried to close himself off from the world. His efforts were thwarted when his obsession actually became a reality. Follow Peter on his journey to redemption as he struggles with his mixed feelings of excitement and regret. Will he be able to adapt and excel in a world now being overrun by the living dead? Or will he fail to succeed as he did when the world was normal?




I don't really have much to say about this. It's a quick read, you're thrown into the action in the very beginning. I'm not sure how I feel about the main character right now, he's very cocky and excited that there's a zombie apocalypse. Though I know if it ever happened a whole bunch of people would be excited too but still, I don't know, maybe it's cause he's painted as a bum to me that I wasn't able to connect to him. The zombie action was fun but since it all moved so fast, this story just didn't feel right to me. 

Overall, it was a so-so read for me but I do have the second book in the series (which I got for free on Amazon a while back) so I'll be picking it up and hopefully I'll get more into the story.







Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment