Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Watch the Skies

Watch the Skies (Daniel X #2) by James Patterson and Ned Rust
Publication Date: July 27,2009
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Pages: 239







Summary

LIGHTSAll is quiet in the small town of Holliswood. Television sets, computers, and portable devices are aglow in every home, classroom, and store. Yet not all is perfect. Evil is lurking, just out of sight, behind the screen.


CAMERAResiding in this sleepy town is a villain with more ambition than the world can withstand. Twisted beyond reason, he is dead set on throwing Holliswood into chaos and documenting the destruction of every person in it, including Daniel X.

EXTERMINATIONThe only person who can stop this made-for-TV tyrant, Daniel must use his extraordinary power to save the town. But this devilish director has assembled an all-star team of his own creation and vows to stage the most spectacular finale the world has ever seen. Can Daniel X stop this deranged outlaw--or will he find himself on the cutting room floor?




This is the fifth book of James Patterson's that I read. I liked the first two, 'The Dangerous Days of Daniel X' and 'Witch and Wizard'. But the last two, 'The Angel Experiment' and 'The Gift', were not good.  So, when I started this book, I was kinda hesitant to hope for to much.



I ran so fast I could hear napkins, empty Styrofoam cups, plastic spoons, and other litter getting sucked along in a vortex behind me.



Okay, so the this time Daniel is going after #5 and his crony #21, though neither of them have a name. I don't really have a opinion about these two. I really couldn't picture them and they never fully seemed , well, evil. I wish that they were more like the villain in the last book.



I liked Daniel a lot more in this book then in the last. Though I still liked his friends and family more then him. All the characters got a little more depth. 



The plot was pretty good. It does feel a lot like the first, which is a good and bad thing. It's good because I liked the feel of the first book and it was nice that it continued in to this book. It's bad because I kinda wanted to feel like the series was developing, but it just kinda stays the same.



Another thing I wasn't the biggest fan of is the really short chapters. I mean really short, like two or three pages short. I mean that's fine with me every once in a while, but for a whole book it was kinda annoying. And just to give you the heads up, every one of James Patterson's books that I read had really short chapters.



Overall, I liked that book. It was a fun story and a fun read. But, it's one of those book where fun to read it once, but maybe not the second time. Will I read the next one? I don't know. The jury is still out on that. But I do recommend to fans of the first book to read this one.



   


  


No comments:

Post a Comment