Monday, January 28, 2013

{Review} Kissing Zombies by Richard Denney



Kissing Zombies(A Girl's Guide, #1-2) by Richard Denney
Publication Date: April 10th 2012
Genre: YA Horror
Pages: 120
 
 
Summary
 

Rebecca Willis is a 17 year old survivor of a zombie pandemic who’s still in love with her high school crush Lance Tanner, who just happens to be be a zombie. But when things begin to threaten her ties with Lance she must choose over saving her own life and the lives of her friends or saving her zombie.
 
 
These zombie tales (as it is the volume for A Girl's Guide series by Richard Denney) are fast paced, action packed, short, and can be deeply developed in sadness. Which you would expect as it is an end of the world, zombie book.
Since it’s short of course it’ll be fast paced. In the beginning you see how the world is with zombies trying to get in for some of that human brain but then you see that the main girl is in love with one of those zombies. Because of this, she can’t leave her dead “boyfriend” behind when her and her friends need to leave before it gets over run. So she hitches a plan to bring her dead “boyfriend” along for the ride. Seems sweet, right?
Wrong
Since she decides to do this pretty much everything from there on she’ll lose a lot of the people she cares about because of this dead guy. He was never her boyfriend in the first place so why on earth would you risk your life and everybody else’s, all just for him. Yes, she hoped there would be a cure, who wouldn’t? But if I were her I’d rather risk my life for my zombified family and dear friends than the guy I only admired from a far. But that’s just me *shrugs*.
So, yes I thought she was naïve and made me dislike her in certain parts of the stories. Other than that, I enjoyed this quite a lot. Oops, actually there was another thing that got to me. She fall in love with someone but it seemed too fast. They only knew each other for a week. Now this may be due to the fact that zombies roam the streets more than humans do now but it still bugged me a little. Just a bit.
Overall, I appreciated this short series. It was gritty and dark in some moments. You were able to see what can become of some people with this kind of disaster, see their true animal side come out as it is all about survival now. I liked how I was able to finish this in no time, a great read for in between novels, a good way to take a break from those 300 and something page books. But don’t worry, there are some lighter moments in these books so don’t let the sadness stop you from picking this series up.
Anyways, I recommend this for everyone that likes zombies/horror and a good short read that doesn’t need much brain power. For people that just want to relax from those long novels.
~Cover Talk~
I absolutely love the cover! It was what caught my eye on amazon and a reason why I had clicked yes into putting it on my Kindle app. Another reason was because at the time it was free, yee!
 
 
 
Happy Reading Everybody!
 
Cheers!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment