Sunday, March 29, 2015

Books for Nothing (26) All the Dead Things & Dark Souls


Books for Nothing is where I’ll be updating you guys on free Kindle reads.
 
download tons of Freebies weekly and sometimes I’m too lazy to let you guys know about the tons of books I get on I am a Book Hoarder, so I decided to create this! That way you guys can enjoy the awesomeness too as who doesn’t love the word free!
*Note: If some aren't free they became non-free after I scheduled this post


All The Dead Things
All the Dead Things by Simon Paul Woodward
Publication Date: January 19th, 2014
Genre: Middle Grade Horror
 
 
~Summary~
 
Stan Wisdom is cursed by the stifling influence of an overprotective mother and the ability to see monsters invisible to everybody but him. When a new found friendship is threatened, rage leads Stan to reveal himself to the monsters and the hunt is on. Pursued through an endlessly repeating day, Stan uncovers the dark secret fuelling his mothers fear and finds himself at the centre of a supernatural civil-war with the future of life and death at stake.

Simon Paul Woodward's thrilling debut horror novel for children aged 10+ and adults who love Neil Gaiman.
 
 
 
Dark Souls (Soul Hunters)
Dark Souls (Soul Hunters #1) by E.J King
Publication Date: August 22nd, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance
 
 
~Summary~
 
Monsters lurk in the shadows. Evil comes out to play at night. Your worst nightmares are real. All of the ghost stories and supernatural tales you read to yourself as a child are true. You have every reason to be scared, you just don’t know it because you can’t see it. You don’t have the gift. I do.

Forces of darkness are at work, doing their very best to destroy all that is good in the world. I should know- they nearly destroyed me. My family was slaughtered, killed by the creatures we spent our lives hunting. I would have been killed, too, if it wasn’t for a mysterious man that appeared out of nowhere and saved me, then vanished just as quickly.
I owe him my life. I also blame him for it.

It’s been two years since that night, but it feels like yesterday. I can still hear their screams and see the blood pooled beneath their bodies. And I can still see the piercing blue eyes of the man that saved me and feel his warm, strong arms wrapped around me as he carried me to safety.

I don’t expect to ever see him again. But then again, life has a way of surprising you, of kicking you in the ass right when you least expect it.

Dark Souls is the first story in the Soul Hunters Series. It is a 20,000 word/100 page paranormal romance/urban fantasy adventure
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment