Thursday, March 7, 2013

Daring You To Read (26)....Thirteen Reasons Why





Daring You To Read is a brand new meme by Tynga's Reviews. Is where you choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read! The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
 
 
 
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Publication Date: October 18th 2007
Genre: YA Contemporary
Pages: 304
 
 
~Summary~
 
 
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
 
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
 
 
~My Version~
 
Thirteen Reasons Why
 
 
 
~Why I am Daring You~
 
 
Wow, Thirteen Reasons Why was so good that I just couldn’t properly type out a review for it. I literally couldn’t put it down and when I did, it hurt so badly to do so. This book was like no other and one that has stuck with me, even though I didn’t even know it.
 
“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”
 
Even now I see I am still speechless, ha-ha. It is really truly an amazing read and if you are one of the few that have yet to read this then I dare you to get your ass to the library or the store and read this one! It’ll leave a finger print in your heart, it’ll give you chills, and I am sure it’ll open your eyes at what little can actually do to a person’s life.
 
It is one book that all should read but most definitely the younger generations. I’m sure this can help people that are going through the same thing as the main character, Hannah. And for those that should speak up and help those that are going through some major problems in their lives.
 
Let’s see, words that’ll describe this- Perfect, edgy, breathtaking, hypnotizing, and heartbreaking

 

May I say more?

 

~Quotes~

 

“I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why.”

 

“When you are done listening to all thirteen sides – because there are thirteen sides to every story – rewind the tapes, put them back in the box, and pass them on to whoever follows your little tale. And you, lucky number thirteen, you can take the tapes straight to hell. Depending on your religion, maybe I’ll see you there.”

 

“You can’t stop the future
You can’t rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
…is to press play.”

 

“Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don’t understand. Thoughts that aren’t even true—that aren’t really how we feel—but they’re running through our heads anyway because they’re interesting to think about.”

 

“Everything…affects everything”

 

Honestly if those quotes don’t drive you to want to read this outstanding book, then I don’t know what will. All I can say is going through the quotes on Goodreads I got chills and its making me want to pick up the book and read it again, not many books can do that to me but when one does it means that it is one hell of a book.

 

So, I’m daring you to read this book that’ll give you chills!

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Happy Daring Everybody!



 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment