Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ashley's Review: After Midnight by Sarra Cannon

Midnight Kiss: Four New Adult Paranormal Romances
After Midnight by Sarra Cannon
Midnight Kiss: Four New Adult Paranormal Romances
Publication Date: October 1st 2014
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Format: Kindle
Source: Authors
 
 
~Summary~
 
This Halloween, prepare to be haunted by a kiss…

After Midnight is part of the collection Midnight Kiss of four BRAND NEW, NEVER RELEASED novellas, all set in New Orleans on Halloween night.

From the outside, Becca Goldberg looks like any normal freshman girl at Tulane, but she’s been keeping a terrible secret. She’s really Allison Moore—a young witch from Peachville hiding out from an evil coven of witches known as the Order of Shadows. She thinks she is safe until an unexpected accident occurs. Now, she only has until midnight on Halloween until her identity is discovered.

She must turn to the hottest, most elusive guy on campus for help. Will he help save her? Or will her life come crashing down around her after midnight?
 
~My Thoughts~ 
 
For me to get hooked and it not going downhill after that was a bit of a surprise for me to say the least. I've read a couple works from Sarra before and they weren't the greatest for me. Beautiful Demons, back in 12', I was so excited to read it and I had high expectations for it. I bought it (sadly it went free like a week later) and I started reading it. However I just couldn't go further than 33% because of how unoriginal it was. It reminded me so badly of one of my favorite books. It was so close in storyline, literally it felt like I was rereading that book, exact same scenes and everything. The beginning resembled a lot like, Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan, which is why it ended up being my first DNF. Which is why I was truly afraid to read another one of her books, by how unoriginal they've been so far. 
 
But by some crazy miracle, After Midnight, was a breath of fresh air! I couldn't believe I was reading something from Sarra Cannon! Allison is hiding in fear of this evil coven, Order of Shadows, which she was able to escape before they completely claimed her. I see all of Sarra's books are tied to Peachville, but you don't need to read them to understand this one. She gives you plenty of information where you don't feel like you missed anything! I was constantly on edge, saying just one more chapter, just one more! I literally had to tell myself I need to go to bed, you can read it again in the morning haha. Again, I'm blown away by how drawn I was to this book by Sarra! After reading this I have a strong urge to pick up Beautiful Demons again, is it just that you have a slow build up and then wabam, your words are oozing total awesomeness? Is that how it is with you cause I have a feeling it is. Well, we will see! 
 
Overall I was completely swept away with the world inside After Midnight! It was a fun Halloween adventure, I truly did not want to stop reading it! It's a fast paced read and throughout all that was happening Allison was able to find herself. I'm so hoping Ms. Cannon is going to continue this storyline because I really want to see where Allison and John's blooming relationship goes! There's definitely build up for her to be able to turn this into another book!
 
With twist and turns, beautiful detail that'll suck you into the darkness, and creepy crawlers you'll be taken by After Midnight in no time! 
 
 


 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment