Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Movie Review: Tammy

Tammy
July 2nd, 2014
 
 
Seen: April 5th
 
 
~Summary~
 
Tammy, who was recently fired from a Topper Jack's fast food restaurant, returns home only to find her husband enjoying a romantic meal with the neighbor. She quickly packs her necessities, and travels down three houses to her parent's home. Upon denied use of her mom's car to drive to Niagara Falls, she quickly resorts to an "ailing" grandmother, who also lives in the home...Only instead of traveling alone, Grandma Pearl wants in on the road trip. After realizing Grandma Pearl has the funds, they hit the road. Pearl soon proves to be quite the alcoholic despite her diabetes, and Tammy quickly turns into the "baby-sitter." From finding love in a bar to robbing a Topper Jack's in order to bail Pearl out of jail, the quirky adventure will have you finding yourself riding along for the misadventures of Tammy.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Honestly, the trailers didn't do this movie justice. All I remember from the trailers is really her robbing a fast food place and the laugh out loud humor that's in it. But, they didn't portray the serious, heartfelt moments that Tammy goes through.
 
From the trailer, I thought it was just going to be another cheesy, gritting, humorous movie. Something that, yeah, would entertain you for a couple of hours but really, what's the point of watching it again? The trailer never made me want to watch it but Melissa McCarthy sure did, I've loved her since Gilmore Girls!
 
Tammy, yes, has a lot of laugh out loud moments. Had me and my hubby cracking up but it was so much more! It's truly about a women who's husband cheated on her, even though she admits she wasn't the greatest wife, and ends up on a journey of finding herself with her alcoholic grandmother. Susan Sarandon is amazing, I enjoy her immensely and I thought her and Melissa worked really well together. And then there was Kathy Bates, love her! I had no idea she was in this movie so when she came onto the screen I squealed with joy haha. She is one feisty lady! In this movie she plays as Tammy's lesbian aunt and one that loves to set things on fire, but only things with good reason. Her character helps open Tammy's eyes and mend Tammy's and her grandmothers relationship. Kathy Bates really brings the humor and seriousness in perfectly!
 
Overall hubby and I truly enjoyed this! We were a little taken aback from how this storyline turned towards the seriousness but it wasn't a bad thing! It was actually a really cute movie and I don't get why it's gotten such a low rating. But anyways, it's one I wouldn't mind watching again!   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sweet Viewings Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment