Thursday, November 3, 2011

Uncommon Criminals

Uncommon Criminals (A Heist Society Novel) by Ally Carter
Publication Date: June 21, 2011
Genre: Young Adult
Goodreads




Summary

Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three problems. First, the gem hasn’t been seen in public in thirty years. Second, since the fall of the Egyptian empire and the suicide of Cleopatra, no one who holds the emerald keeps it for long, and in Kat’s world, history almost always repeats itself. But it’s the third problem that makes Kat’s crew the most nervous and that is simply… the emerald is cursed.

Kat might be in way over her head, but she’s not going down without a fight. After all she has her best friend—the gorgeous Hale—and the rest of her crew with her as they chase the Cleopatra around the globe, dodging curses, realizing that the same tricks and cons her family has used for centuries are useless this time.

Which means, this time, Katarina Bishop is making up her own rules.




My Thoughts:


I devoured this book like a zombie devours flesh. Though maybe not as fast but faster than I've read in a long time. Which makes me very, very happy.

Oh, this world Ally Carter creates is an adrenaline rush after another and one I would love to be in more often.

The cons, the heists....*swoon* oh....how I felt like, I, myself was apart of them, their crew (which I wouldn't mind in the least bit). I love their bickering, but their a family tell the end, and I love how Angus and Hamish call Hale and Kat the parents when they do bicker at each other throats.....it's very cute and funny. I pretty much loved it all and if, Ally Carter, writes another for this series I can not wait to pick it up and hold it in my hands, to scan the pages with my own eyes.

It is a smooth reading ride with fun twist and turns that my heart just flutters to. And the curse who believes in one anyways....apparently everyone. They get little bumps and bruises along the way like when Gabrielle trips down the stairs....that's never happen in the history of her life. Over all, if you couldn't tell by now, this was the perfect book I needed for my paranormal slump (as of, every paranormal started to bland as one instead of being different from one other).

I loved and felt as if these could be my own friends but out of all the characters, the most memorable and visual were Angus and Hamish, they so very much remind me of Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter (which, I've got to say I have a little school girl crush on them.....but who doesn't). The characters even look like them just a little bit younger. Though, you probably wouldn't know that if you've met them in person and didn't know their backgrounds. You know boys and their ruefully growth spurts.

However, yes, there wasn't much character development it was still an enjoyable read. Well, except, that Kat Bishop seems to be heist drunk....going on many, many cons by herself and it doesn't please everyone. Though, I kind of don't blame her, because she's been away from the business for a very long time and after robbing the one museum everyone thought couldn't be, you too probably get a high off of it just like her as if feeling like you are at the top of the pyramid as she does.

A fun, fast read, one that will suck you in in no time.

5 hearts
   <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
   

Happy Reading!       




No comments:

Post a Comment