Sunday, October 4, 2015

Books for Nothing (47) Saving Angel & Broken Angels


Books for Nothing is where I’ll be updating you guys on free Kindle reads.
 
download tons of Freebies weekly and sometimes I’m too lazy to let you guys know about the tons of books I get on I am a Book Hoarder, so I decided to create this! That way you guys can enjoy the awesomeness too as who doesn’t love the word free!
*Note: If some aren't free they became non-free after I scheduled this post


Saving Angel (Divisa #1) by J.L Weil
Publication Date: Sepember 1st, 2012
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal



~Summary~

I couldn’t help but wonder what my life would be like if we had never moved to the ho-dunk town of Spring Valley, Illinois. Sure the internet service is splotchy, there is nothing but miles of wheat fields, and I probably wouldn’t be faced with death at every corner.

My only neighbor in this god forsaken town is…well, there really is only one to describe him—hot as hell. With his sinful dark looks, unusually silver eyes, and kissable lips, there is something about him that is more than meets the eye.

Of course I am determined to find out.

Chase Winters might be drool-worthy, but he is also insufferable, arrogant and…in short a d-bag. Our relationship is anything but love at first sight. Not even close. There is something weird about the family living next door.

What I hadn’t expected to find is an underworld of trouble.

Chase and his cousins Lexi and Travis are Divisa—half-demon, half-human. Getting them angry is hardly in my best interest, not if I want to live.

As it turns out, that might be the least of my problems. I’ve been tagged by Hell.

Now every ugly, nasty being from hades is on my trail. I have suddenly became a magnet for demon disaster, and the only way I am getting out of this alive is by putting my life in the demon spawn’s hands.

One wrong decision and my butt is toast.




Broken Angels (Angels and Demons #1) by Brenda L. Harper
Publication Date: August 26th, 2015
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy



~Summary~

Thirty-five years have passed since the angel war ended for good. In those years, humanity has begun to rebuild, creating cities out of the ruins of the past, living together in a new kind of harmony. The hybrids, or Nephilim, have lost their powers, their bodies reverting to something closer to human. They’ve begun to age, to suffer illnesses, to die of old age. All of them, with the exception of Stiles and Dylan. They remain young, still the same as they were thirty-five years ago. 

A mystery illness breaks out in the city, appearing at first to be a common cold. However, Stiles tries to heal the ailing, but his powers don’t seem to work on this illness. Dylan, too, has no success in attempting to use her powers to help the sick. And then they began to notice things about this sickness that seems familiar. It’s the angel sickness, only modified. Now they have to figure out how it came to be modified and find a cure. 

Can someone from Stiles’ past find the cure? Or will he just become another regret Stiles must live with? 






Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment