Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: Tempt (Twisted Wolf Tales #1) by Rene Folsom

Tempt (Twisted Wolf Tales #1) by Rene Folsom
Publication Date: October 11th, 2014
Genre: Adult Fantasy Romance


~Summary~
Deep in the Shrouded Wood, on her way to her granny’s cottage, Rosetta is ambushed by an unseen force. Soon after, she finds herself plagued by strange dreams - visions of a large wolf and a seductive woman beckoning her.
Not knowing what to do with these dreams and the odd changes happening to her body in the waking world, Rosetta sets out to confront whatever lies in the Shrouded Wood, determined to discover the temptations within. But what she finds is beyond anything she ever could’ve imagined… or hoped for.
Get ready to dive into Rosetta’s world and enjoy a new twist on the classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood.
This Halloween, something sinfully wicked is coming your way. Give yourself a Red Hot Treat this fall with ten spine-tingling stories sure to warm up your night. Scary just got sexy with TEMPT, part of the Red Hot Treats multi-author series (stands alone for reading enjoyment). 

Warning: This supernatural romance novella contains f/f adult situations and is meant for ages 18+.

~My Thoughts~

"Scary just got sexy" I absolutely love that saying Rene created (I think) but honestly I felt like the sexiness was a bit mild. At least, there wasn't as much as I was expecting that is. What we got was great it just left me with wanting more. I was hoping for more and when I got to the end, I so didn't want the story to stop. It left me craving, wishing Mrs. Folsom would continue this story!

This was an interesting take on Little Red Riding Hood, it was definitely not the childhood fairy tale you remember ;). I loved how the story felt like it was a mix of olden times and modern times, it had a certain charm to it and it was so easy to fall into this world Mrs. Folsom created. All I wish was that it was a bit longer!

Overall, I certainly enjoyed it! There's just a few things I wish were different, which is just mainly wishing it was longer. That we could get to know Rosetta a bit more, to really get to know her, before all this stuff started to happen to her. I think it would be more fun to see her transition I think, to understand the changes she's going through a bit more. But other than that, this was a fun short read and I'm excited to continue Rene's Twisted Wolf Tales series. The next one is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and y'all know I love that fairy tale!   




   


Sweet Readings Everybody!

1 comment: