Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: My Soul To Lose

My Soul To Lose (Soul Screamers 0.5) by Rachel Vincent
Pubilcation Date: July 1st 2009
Genre: YA Fantasty
Pages: 87
Goodreads




Summary

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

"An eBook exclusive prequel to Rachel Vincent's SOUL SCREAMERS series."

My Soul To Lose is a great start to a fun young adult fantasy series.

When I dove in I didn't know how hooked I'll get. The description of the keening scream deep with in her throat, the real way of how she ended up in the mental ward, and the mysterious girl that can't keep her eyes off of Kaylee were the things that made this a page turner. Plus, the creepy shadowy figures she sees when she let's out that scream in the beginning. Wow.

It seems to end quickly and the ending.....amazing. Didn't see it coming, I thought I had that girl figured out but was tots wrong. This of course will want you to read more about Kaylee and this desire to scream of hers.

Also, I want to know more about that one girl you'll meet in this short story. I would love to know what happen to her.

If you love a hard copy more than ebooks and what not, you can get it along with the first two stories in the Soul Screamers series within Vol. 1


Which I started to devour even though I said I wouldn't read any books because of school. But this girl couldn't help herself in wanting more. Like, I said, it'll hook you.


Dr. Nelson: "Do you have any family history of mental instability?"
Me: "Yes. My cousin thinks she's twenty-one. My aunt thinks she's eighteen. I'd call them both mentally unstable."


Two bird, One stone

No comments:

Post a Comment