Thursday, February 2, 2012

Review: Runner

Runner (The Runners Part One) by Logan Rutherford
Publication Date: June 4th 2011
Genre: YA
Goodreads




Summary

He just turned sixteen. He just got his first car. He is having the best time of his life. Then, his family? Gone. His life? Turned upside down. All he does now is run. He's running from some very bad guys. He's running to find answers. Time is ticking. In order to survive - in order to find his family - he must become, a Runner.



Runner is a short story, prologue plus five short chapters, that can be finish in just but a few minutes. 

  However it'll hook and tug you in, deep within it's sitting over the edge concept.

I was intrigued when I kept seeing this story pop up when I was looking for free books on amazon, so I finally got it. I mean what can hurt, it's freaking free.

This book is fast paced and you can't help but flick the screen to the next page. Through out the book we never get the name of the main character. All we know is it's a boy and on the run. We get little background in the beginning and then we're thrown deep within his world, a world were he's running.

Running from what, we truly don't know. Yes, we know big bad looking guys are after him. However the purpose, not a clue.

I think overall this book is enthralling. Yes, a few edit problems but really what book is perfect. (got that from a post- click)

And for me since I have a different writing style I tend to take words out that I feel don't really need to belong in certain sentences, so the read is smoother- for me at least.  

Inclusive I loved it so I give it a,






And I can't wait to read the next,




Happy Reading Everybody!

Two birds, One stone
















No comments:

Post a Comment