Friday, February 6, 2015

Movie Review: All Cheerleaders Die

All Cheerleaders Die
May 8th, 2014

Seen: February 4th, 2015

~Summary~

 A rebel girl signs up a group of cheerleaders to help her take down the captain of their high school football team, but a supernatural turn of events thrusts the girls into a different battle.


~My Thoughts~

I must not have read all of the summary right, because with that poster and a quick skim of the plot I thought it was just going to be another B-movie revenge movie where the main girl joins the cheerleading squad then hacks them to pieces one by one. Well, I was wrong as I got deeper into the movie. I think this poster does it more justice for what it's really about.


The story follows along our main gal Maddy who joins the cheerleading squad to get revenge on one of the members on the football team, we find out later in the movie on why. And to do that she starts to get between him and his girlfriend, I was shocked on where things were going. I wasn't expecting all the girl on girl action. I really don't care that's what was going on, equal rights for everyone, but like I said when I picked this movie to watch I thought it was going to be a cheesy revenge movie. The beginning sure did look cheesy as it was seen through a video camera (those have become a hit). But my opinion changed about it and once things really started going, it pulled me in.

One night the girls are out in the woods with some of the football team (not a surprise) and this is when Terry, the football boyfriend, confronts his girlfriend. He's a total asshole and ends up punching her. This is the first clue that he isn't the nice guy everyone thinks he is. Somehow this turns into a race between the girls and guys, the ladies car sadly crashes into a lake. Now before all this action I was wondering when the killing was going to begin, I had no idea it was going to be all of them- including Maddy the one out for revenge.

This is when Maddy's ex-friend, where we find out they might have been more than friends, saves them in more than one ways. Bringing them all back to life this is where the fun really begins ;). All the boys that were there are freaking out but Terry- he's too busy playing with bear traps (he's sick). It's the first day of school and Vik (one of the boys) is thinking of telling someone until the girls come in strutting their stuff.

When the girls woke up the next morning, it was actually pretty funny. Especially when Martha has switched bodies with her little sister Hanna. Her little sister couldn't be happier because she's had a thing for her sisters boyfriend for a while now. And when the head cheerleader was partnered up with one of the boys in class, he was seriously freaking out and his reaction in seeing her was pretty hilarious. 

Overall All Cheerleaders Die wasn't exactly what I was expecting, instead it was better! Completely pulled the rug right from under me! It was twisted and unexpected, the ending was by far intense- I couldn't pull my eyes away! But some of it was light and fun, it's not completely a serious movie- not when they play romantic music when there's a chase scene going on. And not when the only way for the girls to survive is to feed off boys ;)- well, killing the ones that killed them that is. 


Will disturb your being


Happy Viewing Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment