Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Review: Forbidden Witches (The Tarot Witches #2) by S.M. Reine

Forbidden Witches (The Tarot Witches, #2)
Forbidden Witches (The Tarot Witches #2) by S.M. Reine
Publication Date: December 9th, 2014
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Erotic
Pages: 223
Format: Kindle
Source: Author
Read: February 11th to 15th, 2015



~Summary~

PLEASE NOTE: Due to explicit sexual content, this book is intended for mature readers only.

In a week, straight A student and total good girl Leah Todd is supposed to graduate with her bachelor’s degree. Then she receives a mysterious tarot card in the mail and everything changes.

The tarot card seems to serve as a VIP ticket into a show by a metal band called The Forbidden. She’s never heard of them before, but the instant she lays eyes on the lead singer, Rage, she knows that she’s much more than a fan. She’s found where she needs to be.

Weirder still, the band agrees. They’ve been waiting for a tarot witch like Leah to save Graham, a dying werewolf, by mating with him. The problem is that Leah’s not a witch, she doesn’t believe in magic, and she quickly falls for the wrong werewolf. But Donne doesn’t seem to return the feelings. In fact, he might kind of hate her.

As high priest of his coven, Rage has solutions for Leah. All she needs to do is surrender her life to the coven, the werewolf pack…and to him.
 



~My Thoughts~


For some reason I never really saw this as an erotic- even though in the summary it says there's sexual content and the plot is surrounding a mating theme- but knowing this authors past works it just didn't click. It's probably why some of it felt weird to me. However by the end of it I can see it being an erotic and I'm kind of  disappointed. Just a little cause it just isn't the same as her previous works. 

First I was curious and was easily sucked into the story line. Then things got a bit interesting and....weird-ish, at least to me.  Like I said, I just didn't see this as an erotic before jumping into it. Anyways, having that mysterious card our MC Leah gets taken to the VIP area and gets sucked into the rock and roll life fast. Which she wakes up the next morning finding out she's kind of been kidnapped as the band has traveled to Cali for their next gig, bringing her along because they believe she's the person that'll save someone they love. 

There's a lot of mystery to what's going on and the boys are very cryptic of course and Leah of course goes for the guy she's not supposed to like. There's even WTF moments I feel and it's part of the erotic part of the book involving Leah, Donne, and Rage and it was during a part later in the book that I felt really wasn't the right time to being doing that. Honestly I think the book would have been a lot stronger without all the sexual content. Especially the random one right before all the craziness happened at the end of the book. I don't know, some of them made sense- especially the one at the very end- but I still think this story might have been stronger without them because I really enjoyed the story and I just love it when Mrs. Reine describes werewolves because they aren't the pretty ones from Twilight  but the ones that actually turn into monsters and want to eat you! When she describes them when they change it's spine chilling and absolutely disturbing, love it!

Overall it just wasn't the same as her previous works. This series is a standalone one, revolving around Tarot Witches. I'm actually quite curious to learn more about them and to see where things go. The ending of this one definitely makes me want to read the first one because the main character in that one shows up in this one. But again, you don't need to read the first one to understand this one. So, knowing it's a standalone makes me understand why I felt like Forbidden Witches was being rushed was because of that fact and that was a little weird for me because Mrs. Reine stories are usually part of a continuing story line. I mean, I did enjoy this but something just felt off for me- making me a little torn in a way. 



Will disturb your being


Sweet Readings Everybody!

*Got a free copy from the author in exchange for my honest review, this in no way affected my opinion on it*

No comments:

Post a Comment