Friday, November 20, 2015

Book Review: The Dead End (Poison Apple #1) by Mimi McCoy

The Dead End (Poison Apple #1) by Mimi McCoy
Publication Date: May 1st, 2010
Genre: Middle Grade Paranormal
Pages: 192
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Read: November 15th, 2015



~Summary~

Poison Apple Books: Thrilling. Bone-chilling. These books have bite! 

Casey Slater can t believe her bad luck. It s the summer before seventh grade, and instead of the perfect vacation she d planned with her best friend, Casey is in a remote country town, where her parents are restoring an old, creaky, creepy house. Worst of all, everyone else in town thinks the old house is haunted. And soon Casey thinks so, too -- a vase explodes, a heavy china cabinet falls over on its own -- and it seems like the ghost doesn t want them there. Casey thought she d be dying of boredom, but now she s scared to death!"


~My Thoughts~

I devoured this in a day! A day! I couldn't put it down and I'm so happy I enjoyed it so much because I've been wanting to read this for yeeeaaars! I finally said enough, it's time I start this series! All the books in this series are standalone but I just had to start with the first one.

The Dead End is about a girl that moves into a summer home in the country with her family. Throughout the summer her parents are busy making the place look nice while Casey has to find ways to entertain herself. As the days go by unexplainable things happen around Casey and of course her parents don't believe her when she tells them. Which is why she finds comfort in a diary she found that belonged to a young girl who lived there in the 30's, who also went through what Casey is going through. That is until the diary entries just end and Casey has a bad feeling something happened to the girl and it's going to happen to her too. 

Honestly as the pages started to get smaller I didn't know where this story was going to go. But once all the pieces fell together I was in awe in how beautifully written this was! It was brilliantly woven in my eyes because I honestly didn't see that ending coming and how it all tied in with the girl from the past! Well done, Mrs. McCoy! I loved it and I can't wait to continue the Poison Apple series! For this being aimed for Middle Schoolers I didn't at all feel too old reading it, felt Casey was pretty mature once things started to happened and she had to deal with it all on her own.







Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment