Tuesday, December 1, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros (3)


Every Tuesday Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we're reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?


"I didn't know my father; it's how my mother wanted it or maybe what he wanted. I don't know. I'd often find my mom staring out the kitchen window while washing the dishes at night. She always seemed to be looking for something or someone or hoping for something or someone. Her face was one of wistfulness...or perhaps it was longing. It's hard to recall. It changed, I suppose, from day to day."




I've actually read this back when it came out in 2009, before I started book reviewing. And I've been craving a reread for the books I read before this blog and since last year Hallmark channel made a movie based off it, I thought I'd reread it before I watch the movie. (I recorded the movie last week, since last year this came out during my craziest month so I wasn't able to watch it then). Can't wait to crack this book open again, I hope I love it just as much as I did back then! 




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment