Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Glass

Glass (Crank #2) by Ellen Hopkins
Publication Date: August 21, 2007
Genre: YA Contemporary
Pages: 681



 
 
Summary
 

Crank. Glass. Ice. Crystal. Whatever you call it, it's all the same: a monster. And once it's got hold of you, this monster will never let you go. 
 
 
 
Once again the monster takes over Kristina's life and she will do anything for it, including giving up the one person who gives her the unconditional love she craves -- her baby.
The sequel to Crank, this is the continuing story of Kristina and her descent back to hell. Told in verse, it's a harrowing and disturbing look at addiction and the damage that it inflicts.
 
 
I did enjoy this one. Don't get me wrong, it is great. But I liked and enjoyed Crank just a little bit more.
 
One little hit, my heart revs high, then settles into quick-step mode. How I've missed that race and pound. How I've missed the lack of control.
 
 
It starts a few months after Kristina has Hunter. It's not long before she starts use drugs again. I was worried it was going to be the same plot as the first. But instead it follows Kristina's continued downward spiral. The events in this book seems a little more realistic for some reason.
 
 
The biggest difference between Kristina/Bree in Crank and in Glass is she knows she is wrong. She knows her decisions are the wrong ones. And she just doesn't care. There is a new guy, Trey. He really didn't leave much of an impression. He wasn't a good guy but Kristina deserves him.
 
 
Now to explain why I liked the first one more. To me, it felt like Crank had more heart. It just didn't feel the same. But I do like it. I do recommend  it and I will read the next one.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment