Saturday, April 6, 2013

Review: The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King #1) by Celia Thomson

The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King #1)
 
The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King #1) by Celia Thomson
Publication Date: June 1st 2004
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 256
 
 
~Summary~
 
Chloe King is a normal girl. She goes to class (most of the time), fights with her mom, and crushes on a boy…or two. But around her sixteenth birthday, Chloe finds that perhaps she isn’t so normal after all. There’s the heightened night vision, the super fast reflexes – oh, and the claws.
 
As she discovers who she is – and where she comes from – it is clear she is not alone. And someone is trying to get her.
 
Chloe has nine lives. But will nine be enough?
 
~My Thoughts~
 
As I am one of the many that has seen the ABC family, The Nine Lives Of Chloe King, my view on this book is a bit different than one who has not seen the TV show.
One day, for some reason I was craving me some Chloe, so I was able to go to the one library I knew would have it with my boyfriend. I enjoyed the TV show and the quest to finding out what she was, was a fun roller coaster ride. But since the TV show canceled before we got too deep into what she was and where she came from and the new life she would live cause of it, I thought the first book in the series would shine some light on it. It doesn’t. The show gives out more info than the first book. Yes, I know they are different like most book to movies are but since it was a series I thought it be close. Or did they put more than the first book into the TV show. As it was the first season, that would seem odd.
Anyways, if you've seen the TV show you can kinda understand why Chloe all of a sudden goes from shy, unconfident girl to miss flirty pants with any guy that catches her attention. The author gives you a reason why but I also think that part of this is due to the fact of what’s in her genes. But since we don't get to know much about her I'm sure some of you future readers might get tired of her bouncing back and forth between two guys, which is what dominates most of books story line. Some might even get tired of her whining and complaining about her friends/her friend’s lack of paying much attention to her.
Yes you died from falling off of a tower but you somehow miraculously came back alive, did you really think your friends will dwell forever on this fact. The night it happened they did dwell together and then something happened between them. They were going to tell you what but before they could you changed, pretty much pushing them away in a way. So sometimes I got tired of her myself. But besides that I was so immersed within the story and wanting to get to know more about the mystery surrounding who she is, I was able to forget about those moments I didn’t like of her personality.
Overall this was a quick read and one that was fun. This book, like most first books in series, is just a developer for the rest of the books. So I will be continuing the series as of course this had a bit of a cliffhanger and it ended with a twist. The mystery of why her kisses kill mortal boys is enchanting, her abilities of a feline are a thrilling ride, and the new changes in her life are completely entertaining and one book I don't think many will get bored with.
~My Rating~
 
 
Being a fan of the show, it helped
 
 
If I never say the show, as it needs more detail
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Happy Reading Everybody!
 
 
2 Birds, 1 Stone
 
YA Paranormal 2013 Challenge
YA Reading 2013 Challenge
Goodreads 2013 Goal Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment