Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Maximum Overdrive



For 8 days in 1986, the earth passed through the tail of a mysterious Rea-M rogue comet. During that time, machines on earth suddenly come to life and terrorize their human creators. A small group of people in a truck stop, surrounded by "alive" semi-trailers, set out to stop the machines before the machines stop them.




Oh My God, I loved this movie. The action, gore and sense of humor it has. Thank you daddy for telling me about this movie, it was amazing.

From the beginning you're smacked in the face by the sense of humor. Opening scenes you see the machines cussing out to us humans then your met to the action, a bridge decides it wants to open, with the cars still driving over it. Yep, all hell breaks loose then and it, too, was kind of funny. So much fun went into this movie and you could tell.

Like Stephen King says, "If you want something done right than you've got to do it yourself."

And yes, this baby is a Stephen King's film. Director and writer. One thing I've got to say, and that is, I can't believe my mother watches this (not like there's anything wrong with that) it's just I can't even get her to sit down to watch the scream movies with me, yet she can sit through this. Somethings wrong with that picture.

Anyways, one Saturday night mom, the bros & I sit down to watch this bad boy on the big screen while playing it off of YouTube (if you want to watch it go here) because you apparently can't watch it anywhere else, not even netflix. And we had a blast (though only mom & I made it through the whole thing...boys dozed off cause they got no sleep the night before). 

I had fun with the characters they made the movie easy to watch and I wouldn't mind sitting down and watching it again. 

You have the young handsome busboy, whom I believe is on probation, he's pretty much the leader of the group which is played by Emilio Estevez. Then you got the young pretty hitchhiker who becomes his love interest and second hand, to controlling the group. They were a good match. 

And next, you've got my favorite couple, whom are newlyweds. Don't think they were expecting no honeymoon but semi trucks taking over the world. Connie and Curtis, loved them. I don't really know how to describe them they were just.....amazing. Connie was funny to how she reacted to stuff. At first she's like an innocent person, sweet with no spice. But then she can cuss like nobodies business, it's just so funny. 

Last but not least you've got this young boy, whom watched his coach die by a soda machine and yes, you read me right. His bad ass, his quick on his feet, and knows what to do and when to do it. I loved him.

Now, there's more characters to love but I just don't have the words to do them justice and the fact I don't want to ruin this movie for you all. But, I can talk about the semi trucks, they too are characters. You've got the leader and I just.....yes...once again, I loved him. Here's a pic of what he looks like. 

Bad ass, right?

I too would be afraid of him. 

And, if you're already afraid of semi trucks then this movie will creep you out even more. 

Over all I loved, loved, loved this movie and I'm so glad it came into my life. My dad was right, this is my kind of movie. Sorry for all the gushing. 

I think it's okay for pre-teens/tweens but it may still be up to the parents but anything older will do just fine with this movie. I think really any age would as long as they know what they're getting into and it's okay with their parents.

It's got action, gore and cussing but only when it's needed. It's not over done like some movies that are out there. 

For my love it gets



       






Curtis? Are you dead?

I ain't never seen a hero with his ass in the air like that.

Honey! C'mon over here, Sugar-buns. This machine just called me an asshole!

You can't! WE MADE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment