Saturday, December 31, 2011

On My Wishlist (12) & A few of my remembrance of 2011




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. Want to know more? Click here





Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars #4) by Sara Shepard
Publication Date: June 1st 2008
Genre: YA Mystery





Summary

Four pretty little liars' charmed lives have turned into living nightmares.

Emily's been shipped off to Iowa to live with her überconservative cousins. Aria's boyfriend is behind bars—because of her. Spencer's afraid she was involved in Ali's murder. But Hanna's fate is far worse: She's clinging to life in the hospital because she knew too much.

If these girls don't start listening to me, Hanna's going to look like the lucky one.




Stephen King: Three Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics Series)

Carrie, Salems Lot & The Shining by Stephen King
Publication Date: 1/6/12
Genre: Horror






Summary

One of the best-selling authors of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, Stephen King has made a career out of thrilling readers with his dark and disturbing masterpieces of the macabre. Stephen King: Three Novels brings together King's first three published novels for a trilogy of terror unparalleled in modern fiction.
Carrie is the story of Carrie White, an outcast and alienated high-school student who discovers that she possesses formidable paranormal powers. While Carrie struggles privately to understand the full scope of her wild talents, her classmates escalate their cruel taunts, provoking her in dangerous ways that no one could dream of in their worst nightmares.

In Salem's Lot, writer Ben Mears returns to his hometown in Maine to write a book on the local Marsten House, the site of an unsettling childhood experience that has haunted him ever since. The Marsten House has recently been purchased by an unseen new owner, and when the townspeople begin disappearing—and
then reappearing as blood thirsty revenants—Ben realizes that house is a locus of evil that has attracted a master member of the Undead.

The Shining takes place at the sinister Overlook Hotel, a retreat in Colorado that has catered for decades to the wealthy and absorbed the malignant spirit of horrors that have happened on its premises. When recovering alcoholic Jack Torrance arrives there one snowbound winter to serve as the hotel's new caretaker, little does he know that the evil place will exert its insidious influence to liberate his personal demons and add to its legacy of terror.

Stephen King: Three Novels is a distinguished new addition to Barnes & Noble's line of leatherbound classics. Each volume features an elegant bonded-leather binding, distinctive gilt edging, decorative endpapers, and a colorful satin-ribbon bookmark. Collectible and durable, these volumes should be the cornerstones of every home library.




Sadly the year didn't start off so great.

A couple weeks into the new year we found out that our 15 year cat, we had her since I was three and since my sister was born, that she had a tumor growing within her mouth. Painfully we had to put her down. (god this is hard to write). She was an amazing cat and was a part of our family and for leaving a mark in my heart I'm going to get a tattoo dedicated to her. Nala was our wild child and the queen of the household, when she decided she wanted to come in that is. The most talkative cat I've come to know and I miss seeing her on my bed. A truly missed family member.  R.I.P Nala 1995- Jan 2011

But more on the good side I finished my very first novel April 1 at the age of 18. I couldn't believe it, it felt like a dream but it's true it happen. Now I just have to work towards publishing it though I'm having a tough time deciding which way to go. Tradition or self publish though my mother on the other hand (#1 fan...however she's never read it-yet) is leaning more towards self......"just get it out there" she says. But if I do go self I already know who's going to make my cover Keary Taylor

After a years break (between high school & college) in August I started my first semester down in Delta and it was a blast. I couldn't have been more pleased and I can't wait for spring semester to come around. Met a lot of new people and learned a few new skills. Like, learning to use different kinds of saws, power tools and not being the squirmiest girl alive. But I also learned how to thread a sewing machine (yea, not that exciting after learning how to uses saws) but it was fun nonetheless. This was one class Technical Theatre 1 and it was fun. I got to see a different side of me. Seeing that I'm more independent than I thought. :)

How about we go back a couple of weeks in July. I started a second blog- one where I can talk about the books I read, the movies I watched and anything else I wanted to say that I couldn't say on my other blog. My other blog, which I've changed the day, is mostly of my writing experience where I vent towards my roller coaster of writing life style but I wanted to say more so this blog- Paranormal Sisters- was swirling in my brain for quite sometime and I finally put it together and I've enjoyed it since the beginning. Thanks to my great readers and followers. This month- so far- reached the high page views......over 600. How I'm going to top that next month I have no idea. Hopefully this coming year my sister will finally get over her review fright and just go for it. *fingers crossed* I would love to finally be a co-host with her. 

Those are most BIG things that happen to me this year. Small things, like, getting a car so I can go to school was great (love you mom), also writing half of the second story of my series before going off to college (though I haven't written for it in a while.....but I have typed it <- there's a difference there) and coming to see how much I've grown within my writing skills.

I have a few thanks to go around. Thank you to my beta readers Donna, Renee, Lisa and her daughter Chloe for taking some time out of you're lives and reading my work. Then loving it :) you have no idea how much I appreciated the reviews and what you said about my book. They have made my heart flutter with joy, so thank you. Extra thanks to Donna, she was the only one truly brave enough to edit my work, putting notes here and there on it. I loved to see what you had to say, so thank you. 

Then thanks to my followers and my readers of this blog. You've made it even more fun and I can't wait to see how well this blog you love flourishes into something more beautiful next year. So thank you.

 Happy New Year Everybody!
And don't be afraid to dream big for the year to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment