Sunday, May 5, 2013

Movie Review: Oblivion, like WTF?

 
 
~Summary~
 
One of the few remaining drone repairmen assigned to Earth, its surface devastated after decades of war with the alien Scavs, discovers a crashed spacecraft with contents that bring into question everything he believed about the war, and may even put the fate of mankind in his hands.  

 
~My Thoughts~
             
 
Okay fellow bookworms you know how the first book in a series is a lot of world building and character development well that's what it felt like throughout this movie-causing to make this movie feel a lot longer than it actually is. Yes, there was action here and there and I was curious to why in this new world they were going after certain people but I was wondering when this would get a move on it. This is a standalone so I was surprised by the lack of nonstop action.
I see with their wanting to development the characters they hoped to get sympathy for when a certain character died or got hurt. And yeah, I did sort of felt bad when one did die even though she was a bitch. But I too would probably be a bitch if another women came along and stole my man beneath my nose. However, even then I just rolled my eyes and screamed "cliché!"
And boy, were there clichés. I absolutely couldn't believe how many. So many that I watched the movie in my head before I saw the scenes go up on the big screen. It was so clichéd that even my boyfriend called out what would happen to me before it actually happened. God it was just so bad that the acting couldn't even draw my attention away from the lack of originality.
Now Morgan Freeman stole the show for me. He was of course the best thing that came out of this movie. My boyfriend, his parents, and I all agree on this.
I honestly would love to say more but I really don't want to spoil it for you guys. I mean there are a few things I want to talk about but since they are major things to the story line and most of them are supposed to be "twist", I don't have a heart to talk about them. All I have to say is wtf for the ending, like serious girl you have an endless supply of your man. I honestly can't see how you can do it.
 
 
It will make you shrill

Happy Viewing Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment