Monday, May 6, 2013

On My Mind Monday (4) Different Kinds of Readers, which are you?

 
On My Mind Monday with Paranormal Sisters!
Where every Monday we pick a topic and tell you our thoughts on it. It might be weekly or every other week. Haven't decided yet. And if you have a topic you want our thoughts on, post a comment and we might decide to do it.
 
 
A week ago I saw a status on David James Facebook page and I just absolutely loved it. So I thought I’d share it with you guys. I hope you don’t mind David! ;)
 
It’s a status where you can see what kind of reader you are. I’m a Slow Dancer and The Addict, I read books slower than most and I just can’t help but buy more than I can read, as you can tell from our I am a Book Hoarder feature haha.
 
 And Tasha:
 
I am a mix of things. Sometimes I’m Devourer and read books fast and sometimes I’m a Slow Dancer and take my time with them. I don’t have to be an Addict because I can just raid my sister’s stash. I will also admit that at times, I can be a Die-Hard. I will read almost all genres but there will be times when I’m just reading book after book of the same genre.
So there’s ours, what’s yours?  
 

"The Devourer: Each book is a snack for this kind of reader—but it doesn’t mean that s/he won’t enjoy each book just as much.
 
The Lover: Books read by this kind of reader are read in hidden, stolen moments at the most unexpected times.
 
The Slow Dancer: Books are a treat that this kind of reader savors. Slow and steady wins this reader’s race, as his/her eyes take in and... taste each and every word.
 
The Addict: Books are a conquest to this kind of reader. S/he will buy more books than s/he can read, but s/he will ALWAYS have something to read.
 
The Classic: Books of the past are a gift to this reader. Prose in the style of early contemporary authors, or stories written long ago, are favorites for this reader.
 
The Die-Hard: Genres are a way of life for this reader. S/he finds a niche and sticks to it—veering from what s/he knows for short bursts of time.
 
The Advocate: This reader is a lover of books. S/he is not just a reader, but an advocate of reading—hoping that the future will contain more readers.
 
The Juggler: The reader that inexplicably is reading six books at any given moment."
 
~The Lovely Man Himself~
 
 
David     James
 
David James writes books about stars and kisses and curses. He is the author of the YA novel, LIGHT OF THE MOON, the first book in the Legend of the Dreamer duet, as well as the companion novellas, THE WITCH'S CURSE and THE WARRIOR’S CODE. A Legend of the Dreamer anthology, SHADES OF THE STARS, will be released in July 2013, and will include the exclusive novella, THE ENCHANTER'S FIRE. The final book in the duet, SHADOW OF THE SUN, will be released in late 2013. Living in Michigan, he is addicted to coffee, gummy things, and sarcastic comments. He enjoys bad movies, goofy moments, and shivery nights. Be sure to visit David’s blog and facebook to learn more about his various addictions and novels. http://www.facebook.com/davidjamesauthor
 
~His book~
 
Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, #1)
 
 
See you guys next week for, On My Mind Monday’s!
Thanks for stopping by!
&

No comments:

Post a Comment