Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: I Kissed A Zombie and I Liked It by Adam Selzer

I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It
 
 I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It by Adam Selzer
Publication Date: January 26th 2010
Genre: YA Zombies
Pages: 177
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
 
 
~Summary~
 
Algonquin “Ali” Rhodes, the high school newspaper’s music critic, meets an intriguing singer, Doug, while reviewing a gig. He’s a weird-looking guy—goth, but he seems sincere about it, like maybe he was into it back before it was cool. She introduces herself after the set, asking if he lives in Cornersville, and he replies, in his slow, quiet murmur, “Well, I don’t really live there, exactly. . . .”

When Ali and Doug start dating, Ali is falling so hard she doesn’t notice a few odd signs: he never changes clothes, his head is a funny shape, and he says practically nothing out loud. Finally Marie, the school paper’s fashion editor, points out the obvious: Doug isn’t just a really sincere goth. He’s a zombie. Horrified that her feelings could have allowed her to overlook such a flaw, Ali breaks up with Doug, but learns that zombies are awfully hard to get rid of—at the same time she learns that vampires, a group as tightly-knit as the mafia, don’t think much of music critics who make fun of vampires in reviews. . . .
 
 
~My Thoughts~

This book would have gotten a 3 but the ending won me over. Why? Because it gave meaning to what all the main character went through within the words the author wrote for us.
This is pretty much just another book about a girl fallen smitten over an undead guy. Though at first she doesn’t know he is a zombie. Like she said, "she was blinded by love" But she wasn’t blinded by love as this is her first boyfriend and they’ve just been going out for a week and she just can't believe there is a guy near her that is worth sacrificing her future for. This is a book of lessons for our main gal. A lesson to open your heart cause you just may never know, something amazing might come your way if you just do. Which is why my rating went up.
I honestly don't know what else to say. This book was okay, cute, and it had its moments. Moments of awesome action and some strong humor moments but some of the plotting got in the way of me truly enjoying this. Like the vampire part of the story, yeah it makes sense but I feel like it should have gone another way or thought it would have come into play a lot sooner *shrugs*. But at the end it all tied up nicely.
Overall this was a fun short zombie read and it can really get a girl to think. And thinking can lead this girl into some trouble haha. I believe this book can be enjoyed by a lot of bookworms out there.
 
Will disturb your being
 
Happy Reading Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment