Monday, May 20, 2013

On My Mind Monday(5) Favorite Book/Series

On My Mind Monday with Paranormal Sisters!
Where every Monday we pick a topic and tell you our thoughts on it. It might be weekly or every other week. Haven't decided yet. And if you have a topic you want our thoughts on, post a comment and we might decide to do it.
 
 
 
I realized the other day that I never really talked about what my favorite book was. So I thought I would take the time to do that.
 
 
I always have trouble naming favorite things like movies, T.V shows, singers, bands, etc. So I'm going to tell you my favorite series and my favorite book from that series.
 
 
 
Favorite Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Favorite Book from Series: The Battle of the Labyrinth
 
 
 
 I never heard of this series before my sister bought the first book. She bought it, back in 2009, because the movie was coming out the next year. So of course it went on her to read pile where she never touched it. I ran out of books in my pile, which has never been as big as my sister's, so I decided to read it. And I fell in love with it and read it quickly. I then ordered the rest of the series off Amazon. I went crazy waiting for them to arrive, which the third, fourth, and fifth did before the second for some reason. When the second finally came, I read them all within a week.
 
 
Fun Fact: My sister has never read any of them, including the one she bought, which has now pretty much become mine.
 
This is the only series that I can reread any day and smile. It's the only series that when I read it, I get the same giddy excitement I got the first time I read them.
 
Now why the fourth one, The Battle of the Labyrinth is my favorite. If you could only read one book out of this series, I would pick this one. It perfectly combines action, adventure, Greek Mythology, and comedy. It perfectly does everything that the whole series is about. I do recommend reading the series from the start, though.
 
 
Honorable mentions: Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl. The Mortal Instruments, Chronicles of Nick, Alex Rider
 
That is my favorite series. What is your's?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment