Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Intertwined

Intertwined (Intertwined #1) by Gena Showalter
Publication Date: September 1, 2009
Genre: YA Fantasy Paranormal
Pages: 440







Summary

There’s something about the new guy at Crossroads High…

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time travel.
One can raise the dead.
One can possess another human.
One can tell the future.

Everyone thinks he’s crazy, which is why he’s spent his entire life shuffled between mental institutions and juvie. All of that is about to change, however. For months Aden has been having visions of a beautiful girl—a girl who carries centuries-old secrets. A girl who will either save him or destroy him.

Together they’ll enter a dark world of intrigue and danger... but not everyone will come out alive.





When I first started reading the book I wasn't so thrilled. But the farther I read the more it grew on me.



There was nothing slow and gentle about it, as she done to Aden. She dug her fangs deep, hitting tendon. The man's body jerked, his muscles spasmed.



I read some really good reviews about this book and read some really bad ones, too. So I was a little wary about reading it. And at first, I thought the bad reviews were right. It doesn't hook you  right away, and you're left wondering where the book was going. But as you read on it gets better. The characters start to develop and so does the plot. And when the book is through, you want to read the next one.


As I stated above, the characters developed pretty well through the book. The character that developed the most, in my mind, was Mary Ann. She starts out as a high school student with a fifteen year plan and ends up learning about the paranormal and dating a werewolf, Riley. Aden, the main character, wasn't as likable as the voices in his head were. My favorite being Eve.



I would happily recommend this book for many reasons. It has a good plot and characters that develop well. It's a good read.










No comments:

Post a Comment