Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: Goddess of the Night

Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon #1)
Publication Date: August 1, 2000
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 294





Summary

Vanessa is being followed. She doesn't know by whom, and she doesn't know what they want. But she knows why.
Vanessa has a secret. She can become invisible, but the problem is, she can't control it. And her worst fear is being discovered. Only her best friend, Catty, knows, and Catty is different as well. She can travel back in time -- and take Vanessa with her.


Okay before I get to the review, is it just me or does the cover remind you more of a mermaid than a goddess?

 
She tossed the pink plastic bird aside and heaved the iron legs from the ground. The iron rods felt good in her hands.

I really liked the characters, especially Catty. She was funny, and her mom's theory of Catty being an alien just made me laugh. Vanessa, the main character, felt slightly generic. She was the pretty girl that everybody likes, that is mostly a goodie goodie. Stanton is a character that interests me. He is kinda mysterious and I could easily see as a love interest of Vanessa's.

The plot isn't bad, but the part where Vanessa finds out what she is felt kind of sudden. And I couldn't help but wish that the characters were a little more developed. I do hope Ewing address it in the next book.


Overall the book was good, and makes me want to read the next one.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment