Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ashley's Review: The Demon: Episode 1 (Sacrifice Me #1) by Sarra Cannon

The Demon: Episode 1 (Sacrifice Me, #1)
The Demon: Episode 1 (Sacrifice Me #1) by Sarra Cannon
Publication Date: May 6th 2014
Genre: New Adult Paranormal
Pages: 61
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
Read: September 11, 2014
 
 
~Summary~
 
On her twenty-first birthday, Franki Smith receives a dozen black roses and an unsigned invitation to a nightclub that doesn't seem to exist. Two handwritten words near the top haunt her. "Little Bird." Her mother's nickname for her.

Only, Franki's mother disappeared without a trace exactly three years ago to the day.

Who sent this dark gift? Franki's need to answer this question will lead her to the doorway of a strange, dangerous, and sexy new world. A world her mother went to great lengths to keep hidden.

A world someone desperately wants Franki to discover.

See the world of Peachville High Demons series from the eyes of a brand new, kickass heroine. You do NOT need to have read the original Peachville series to understand this one!

Sacrifice Me is a serial new adult paranormal romance with twists and turns that will pull you in and keep you guessing until the last installment. There are six episodes total.


Unlike the Peachville series, this is NOT a young adult story. Due to some language and sexual situations, it is appropriate for readers 16+
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
One word, typical.
 
Not a signal original thing happened within this book, it was completely typical! So thank god it's free! I'm not going to lie, the beginning kind of caught my attention but then when I reached the end, I was disappointed. This is a start to a serial, so why have that kind of beginning?! I get the author was trying to pull you in and maybe get you to buy the next episode, however this story was completely flat.
 
If you read a lot of paranormal books, like I do, you can start to see a pattern. A cliché filled formula and that's what this book does. It's Franki's birthday, which has something to do with her paranormal heritage (of course she doesn't know it yet). Something mysterious comes her way and then at night, her and her friend are hopping between bars, she gets this "instinct" which leads her to where she needs to be. Here more mysterious things happen and the first guy she lays eyes on will turn into her supernatural hero. She tries to find out what's going on but no one tells her a thing and again, it's all very typical. I was hoping for an awesome New Adult Paranormal but instead I get something I feel like I've read before.You can expect I rolled my eyes a lot. 
 
Overall, the characters were flat and nothing felt refreshing. At the end it was just, meh. Nothing pulled at my interest to want to continue the serial and the only reason why I gave this a two star rating is because I'm hopeful that it'll get better over time. And because it is a serial, so it doesn't feel right to give it a one. Even though it's typical, nothing new, and I was completely unsatisfied.
 
It'll make you shrill

 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment