Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do #1) by Jasinda Wilder

Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do It, #1)
 
Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do #1) by Jasinda Wilder
Publication Date: September 2nd 2012
Genre: Adult Erotic
Pages: 29
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Gorgeous, rock-star guys like Chase Delany don't go for girls like me. They go for supermodels and actresses, skinny-girls who never eat and spend all day working out. I'm not that girl. So when he locked his fiery brown eyes on me for the first time, I couldn't quite believe it was really happening to me.

It was the second night I spent with him that I'll never forget.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
I loved the concept so I grabbed it as it's free. Plus, Sophia Jones writing has kinda gotten me into the short erotics out there haha. Also, who wouldn't want to see it from another point of view, from a different type than the usual stick. Like I said the concept sounded great and it was a bit different for me.
But when I started to read this I saw that I wasn't going to be a big fan. At first it was just strange (at least to me cause I haven't really been out there so none of these situations has happened to me). So what I mean is, the main gal bumps into a hottie but then moves on and sits herself at a booth. Then so call hottie asks to sit down at the same booth. They say maybe a couple words to each other and he is already trying to make her blush, squirm in her seat as he gives her a knowing smirk. Like he already knows that he gots her wrapped around her finger. Does this really happen? Like I get the lust but in the end the author makes it more than that. But I the reader didn't see it more than that. I just saw it as a one night stand. Maybe  that’s why I didn’t fall head over heels is because I didn’t see it like the way the author saw it.
After they talk a few sentences she leaves and goes to her car. When she's backing out of her parking space he shows up surprisingly and pulls open her door. Um, stranger danger anyone? Or does that turn you on. Like seriously that would show me he's a creep and I don't even care if this hottie wants to give me his number.
Then a week later they find themselves together. I really didn't like the main gals attitude. She just thinks badly of herself and sees guys only wanting to get in her pants cause they think she's easy cause of her weight size. Like are you for real too? Some guys are douches but maybe its sorta your attitude which is why they think you're easy. And then when the hottie finds her taking her break she just thinks he wants a hand job and nothing else. So she gives him a nice steamy one. But I hate that's what she just assumes that's what he's after. Maybe it's not the guys that are the problem and it’s actually you that has a problem and why only douches come your way cause you never give the good guys a chance.
The hottie wants to show her that that's not all he wants. But again to me I just see sex as the story and not an actually story line. So how this is a series is beyond me. There's not enough depth in these characters for a series. It really is just all about the sex. And about the sex. It was hot and a great way to make one blush but I didn't get how the guy wanted to make it all about her. It was a need of his to make sure she had pleasure and came many times for him but I don't see how that went with the story. For a guy to want that for a girl he needs a real intimate connection with her and I didn't see that between these two. I really didn't which is why I felt like this story was more of a fantasy than anything else.
So overall if you just want an erotic for its hot, steamy sex then this short read is for you. But if you want more depth and a real connection between two characters then look somewhere else. Am I going to continue this series? *shrugs* Maybe if the sequel is free but like I said, I don't really see much of a story here and I can't believe there is a series. I mean the ending was completely unbelievable in my eyes. Like I said I've never been in situations like this so maybe it has happened to some people but I honestly can't see it.
Oh and another note, the guy can sometimes come off harsh. Not by words but by touch. He did squeeze the girls arm a couple times too hard and it was whenever she talked badly about herself. So when he got passionate to tell her she was wrong his grip would get too tight on her. So either he was a guy that was on the chubby side then got himself into shape which is why he gets a bit aggressive when he's trying to tell her she's beautiful cause he's been on that side of the world. Or again he's just a creep and is really a douche with a nice guys exterior. Again the story just didn’t feel right to me.
 
 
Gives you a good haunting
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment